Zeke

Life straw

8 minutes ago, Barms said:

I just meant in general when it happens usually something else I learn. 

On another board a while ago a guy asked a question about having a dump truck drop a load a stone in his yard and some chimed in "watch out the truck doesn't bust up your sidewalk."   And the guy replied "I'm not a retard I know".  But all i was thinking was wow great advice about the sidewalk. 

Learning is living. And water is life

BTW, in using sunlight to sanitize water the container should be made of a clear material, at least on the one side you expose to the sunlight.  Actually most commercial water bottles are ideal for using for sanitizing water with sunlight.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2017 at 1:38 PM, raz-0 said:

Yes, most people who argue for pumps are arguing form the backpacker mind set. And just aren't getting their head around the notion of an emergency disposable filter. 

Like I said before. For a crash bag, the lifestraw is an excellent fit. 

OR the sawyer equivalent. They sell a kit with a cheap flat pack squeeze bottle. 

https://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-Products-SP128-Filtration-System/dp/B00FA2RLX2/ref=pd_sim_468_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00FA2RLX2&pd_rd_r=SSWT8PVJ01CCH28TRT83&pd_rd_w=9NEqB&pd_rd_wg=E3M38&psc=1&refRID=SSWT8PVJ01CCH28TRT83&dpID=51mVWHQb1wL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

Yep, I use these. Light and compact, and they filter a lot of water.