Oakridgefirearms

Looking for an exterminator Morris county area

Which exterminator did you go with? @Oakridgefirearms

During my weekly house cleaning I found mouse poop under the sink, by the stove, and by the dishwasher. I took a trip to the local big box store and picked up 8 traps (because anything worth doing is worth doing overkill), baited them, and set them near where I found the poop. 

It was a massacre; they never saw it coming. This morning I checked the traps to find 4 caught. I'm going back to the store to get more traps, however if I have the same success from last night I'm going to need to call in a pro. 

13 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

if I have the same success from last night I'm going to need to call in a pro. 

Pros will put out poison. It will get rid of the mice, but they will die in your walls and stink for a month till the little carcasses dry out.

Search your foundatin and find out where they get in. You need to seal every tiny crack. Jam steel wool in any holes you find.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Handyman said:

Pros will put out poison. It will get rid of the mice, but they will die in your walls and stink for a month till the little carcasses dry out.

Search your foundatin and find out where they get in. You need to seal every tiny crack. Jam steel wool in any holes you find.

Poison isn't an option. I think they're getting in from the crawlspace. I'll go in, but I'm going in like a tunnel rat. 

Screenshot_20180113-092857.png

You can get an expanding foam specifically made for filling rodent entry points. It has something in it to prevent them from chewing it. Works allot better than steel wool. Home depot sells it, it's in a green can. 

Plug up the entry points, trap the ones inside and make sure there is no access to food or water in your home. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

Get a cat.

Allergic, so that's not happening. 

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

You can get an expanding foam specifically made for filling rodent entry points. It has something in it to prevent them from chewing it. Works allot better than steel wool. Home depot sells it, it's in a green can. 

Plug up the entry points, trap the ones inside and make sure there is no access to food or water in your home. 

I remember seeing that foam. Good call. Perhaps this is a good excuse to buy a FLIR camera. 

Peanut butter and traps still work the best.  Just remember to put the snap part of the trap perpendicular and close to the wall,they have bad eyesight and use their whiskers to feel their way along the wall.

On 1/13/2018 at 8:47 AM, ChrisJM981 said:

Which exterminator did you go with? @Oakridgefirearms

During my weekly house cleaning I found mouse poop under the sink, by the stove, and by the dishwasher. I took a trip to the local big box store and picked up 8 traps (because anything worth doing is worth doing overkill), baited them, and set them near where I found the poop. 

It was a massacre; they never saw it coming. This morning I checked the traps to find 4 caught. I'm going back to the store to get more traps, however if I have the same success from last night I'm going to need to call in a pro. 

I ended up calling Viking only because I need to get someone in there quickly and no one responded right away. This was a situation where a tenant was complaining, otherwise I would have done traps with peanut butter myself as I always have done. They ended up charging me around $300, which I thought was high, and they only offered an all inclusive service for anything that might be trying to invade the house instead of just getting rid of the mice that were the issue. They also were trying to sell me a monthly service plan which I was not going to buy. In the end it does seem like they took care of the problem though......

On 10/3/2017 at 9:04 PM, TomFNJ said:

I have used Lance @ Best Termite & Pest Control out of Rockaway and was happy with him. 

I'll give him a try next time I need and exterminator. Thanks

I put out 11 traps last night with no hits. I rebaited the traps and put them out again. If there are no hits I'll go into the crawlspace and see what I can find. I debated CCI .22lr shotshells before deciding that nothing good would come from that. :vinsent:

When it comes to hire an exterminator or any contractor, it's always advisable to take reference from the people who have already hired them and are known about their working process. Hiring some experienced exterminator north jersey team will offer a wide range of benefits over do-it-yourself techniques. The professional exterminator knows many infestation techniques in order to treat all types of pest infestations.

On 7/6/2019 at 6:10 AM, yarlkarcum said:

When it comes to hire an exterminator or any contractor, it's always advisable to take reference from the people who have already hired them and are known about their working process. Hiring some experienced exterminator north jersey team will offer a wide range of benefits over do-it-yourself techniques. The professional exterminator knows many infestation techniques in order to treat all types of pest infestations.

I had Ray from E&G do a home inspection sweep. He was the only exterminator I've spoken to interested in fixing the problem by sealing entry points as well as baiting. I currently have an ant and carpenter bee issue so I gave him a call. I'll report back after he comes out.