Sign in to follow this  
Zeke

Local sad story with a good Puerto Rico twist

http://www.nj.com/burlington/index.ssf/2017/09/how_a_heartbroken_doomsday_prepper_who_lost_everyt.html#incart_river_mobile_index

dude lost it all... mega prepper... but at least it's going to help people in PR

Sad story of a nj guy. Worth the read

The tragedy of this is that nobody was able to advise this guy to just sell his property outright to pay off the loan instead of going into foreclosure?   Based on how long he was here,  and taking out a home equity loan ten yesrs ago and how much property values have gone up.   And with an 8000 square foot “other building”..   I’m just speculating he’d have tons of money left over if he just sold the house.  

this isn't a sad story, it's the cautionary tale of a moron. maybe if he'd have spent a little more money paying his bills (mortgage) instead of prepping supplies, he wouldn't have been kicked out on his ass. there must be BALANCE in everything you do, folks...

i love how the article romanticizes his situation and spends half a sentence glossing over a very simple fact: PAY YOUR BILLS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indianajonze said:

this isn't a sad story, it's the cautionary tale of a moron. maybe if he'd have spent a little more money paying his bills (mortgage) instead of prepping supplies, he wouldn't have been kicked out on his ass. there must be BALANCE in everything you do, folks...

i love how the article romanticizes his situation and spends half a sentence glossing over a very simple fact: PAY YOUR BILLS

Idk. If my wife only had a year to live; bankruptcy would be the least of my concerns 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• NJGF members in chat (1)

• 48 How important is it for you to have your next pistol be "Optics Ready?"

1. 1. How important is it for you to have your next pistol be "Optics Ready?"

• Very, (Do not want to pay for slide cutting, Looks cool, etc.)
      • Neutral (don't have a preference either way)
      • Not at all (not a feature I am looking for).
    2. 2. How much are you willing to pay for "Optics ready"? (i.e. gun is cut for an optic)

• Up to $50
      • $50 to $100
      • $100 to $200
      • $250 or more
      • None. If it is not standard part of the gun, not willing to pay more for a model with it.
    3. 3. Why are you looking for Optics Ready?

• Planning on adding optic.
      • Want to have the option just in case
      • n/a
    4. 4. Why do you want to add an optic?

• Looks cool/tactical or someone told me I should
      • Need it for deteriorating eyesight.
      • To compete in certain gun games (USPSA Carry Optics)
      • Other Reasons

•  

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• I'm a huge fan of the SI stock stop. Really threw my local detective for a loop when we saw each at the range the other day. He is used to the old fashioned way and is surprised that both ranges and civilians are coming up with newer ways to meet the BS requirements here in NJ without destroying their rifles or magazines.
    • These two look nice (have 2 HG permits): https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/8010/glock+ug3430103mos+g34+g4+9m+us+17r+as https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/27797/ruger+mark+iv+22+long+rifle+(lr)+44+10%2b1+black+polymer+grip+black The Glock already has the optics. Is that MkIV compatible with optics at the rear? Are those prices good? Also, was wondering if someone could suggest a website that deals with NJ and ships to their FFL dealers.
    • I'd rather go for a 34 instead. I figure the greater barrel length will help a little with recoil. Yes, but I've shot before. Just not my own.
    • Is it written anywhere how NJ measures an overall length of a firearm? ATF measures it with a stock unfolded or extended. I always assumed NJ was the opposite, nut can't find it in writing.
    • Clamato makes THE BEST Bloody Mary.  And Joe's Pizza in Flemington for the best pie in the area. 

Important Information