Sign in to follow this  
Zeke

Local sad story with a good Puerto Rico twist

The tragedy of this is that nobody was able to advise this guy to just sell his property outright to pay off the loan instead of going into foreclosure?   Based on how long he was here,  and taking out a home equity loan ten yesrs ago and how much property values have gone up.   And with an 8000 square foot “other building”..   I’m just speculating he’d have tons of money left over if he just sold the house.  

this isn't a sad story, it's the cautionary tale of a moron. maybe if he'd have spent a little more money paying his bills (mortgage) instead of prepping supplies, he wouldn't have been kicked out on his ass. there must be BALANCE in everything you do, folks...

i love how the article romanticizes his situation and spends half a sentence glossing over a very simple fact: PAY YOUR BILLS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indianajonze said:

this isn't a sad story, it's the cautionary tale of a moron. maybe if he'd have spent a little more money paying his bills (mortgage) instead of prepping supplies, he wouldn't have been kicked out on his ass. there must be BALANCE in everything you do, folks...

i love how the article romanticizes his situation and spends half a sentence glossing over a very simple fact: PAY YOUR BILLS

Idk. If my wife only had a year to live; bankruptcy would be the least of my concerns