Mrs. Peel

Dems see Trump as potential ally on gun reform

9 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

I don’t know how you can consider the party’s candidate for president to be fringe. Despite the claims that the fix was in against Sanders, it was the leadership I.e. those in control of the party that nominated her.

Because clinton had very extreme views on certain subjects that trampled over peoples rights which most other democrats did not share. I never took her as a moderate democrat at all.

So if I follow the logic:

semi-auto + Bump stock = Increaded rate of fire so the bump stock must be banned. 

Does then this apply:

15 round + BAD = decreased reload time so it must be banned (in NJ). 

I don't know if anyone that doesn't admit the BS is a legal gray area and probably against the intent of the law. Still.. such a slippery slope.  Drop in triggers or anything with a shorter reset would also be banned in Feinstein's version. 

Because clinton had very extreme views on certain subjects that trampled over peoples rights which most other democrats did not share. I never took her as a moderate democrat at all.

Moderate and fringe are not mutually exclusive. Moderate can be a position, fringe can be a position or a percentage of population. She was not moderate, but she also wasn’t fringe when defined as percentage of the population. She got the majority support of the decision makers. That isn’t fringe, that’s majority. It’s semantics, so we can both be right in this case. We might just have been talking about different things.