AdamM

NJ Right to Repair (A4934)

I was looking into an issue with a trackpad today, and when I went to a website, I learned about this bill.  I think that there are probably a lot of people here who repair their own things and this sounds like a really good bill.  I would encourage people to think about signing it.  The only downside that I think that this bill could cause, would be for a manufacture to not sell there product in NJ.  Here are the relevant links.

NJ Bill A4934

Link to contact your reps.

Support Right to Repair in New Jersey

Right to Repair legislation would make repair fair again in New Jersey. As consumers, we have the right to the following from the companies that we support:

• Information: The documentation, software, and legal ability we need to repair our own products and equipment — or choose someone we trust to do it for us.
  • Parts: Access to affordable service parts.
  • Tools: Access to any speciality tools required to complete a repair, including diagnostic tools.

Write a letter to your representative in New Jersey's State Legislature now and tell them you support the Fair Repair Act, A4934. Tell them why repair is important to you.