JayWilling

NRA Oks Bumpfire Regs

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

they say ban bumpstocks. we say ok, give us national recip. they say we'll think about it. we say ok. they get what they wanted. we get nothing. they say the ban wasn't enough. need to ban <insert item here>. we say give us national recip. they say we need to think about it. we say ok.

well....not we.....but you get the point.

It's as simple as this.

I have no idea why is so hard for the smart guys around here to get it.

On 10/6/2017 at 1:15 PM, Darrenf said:

How do you think contemptuous legislation gets through?  It's called compromise.  Again, a pawn for a greater gain.  If it doesn't work out, so be it, but it looks like a shrewd move to me so far.  

The Left never compromises.  Not this "New" Left.   

It may be a good play in a more conventional time.....but the Leftists politicians will never give an inch on any gun issue.  Never.  Only Republicans compromise.  And they do it by giving away our rights and our money.  And given that Dems control both the senate and the house....why would they.....(no..I'm not in  time warp).

Someone tell me how this isn't the case.

• Like 1

If we ban bump stocks, where does it end? People have been toying with and manipulating semi auto rifles to increase rate of fire from the day they were invented. What about non stock triggers with lower pull forces? What about stock triggers with low pull forces? Where do we draw the line?

I 100% disagree with the NRA on this. I believe they’re doing this for the “big picture” which includes national reciprocity, but it sets us up for so many other bans that they probably haven’t even thought of.

Murder is already illegal, with some very stern penalties, yet people still do it anyway. Taking things away from law abiding citizens won’t prevent the next atrocity. Evil will do evil deeds. It’s as simple as that. 

• Like 1