Sign in to follow this  
Bklynracer

Front page article on Gun for hire in the Record sports section

26 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

Holy shit what a biased smear-piece. Count how many times they reference vegas, "assault weapons", military style,  or any other of the terms in the anti-gun lexicon. 

Hey, three nurses went out and had a fun outing and nobody got hurt, in a brick and mortar murder-haven. 

• Like 2

To give credit where credit is due, I think Colandro handled himself quite well... particularly on the video... good "PR chops", IMO. And then the reader comments (largely criticizing the known political leanings of the reporter) add some nice flavor as well. Thus, their attempts to smear IMO really weren't all that effective. 

On a side note, thank god for comments sections! I hate to see them going away. MSN, for example, was one of the few remaining MSM online sites that still had an open comments section... about a month or so ago, they pulled it down with a message (can't remember exact wording) that they would be exploring new ways for people to express their opinions. So far, NADA. It's just GONE... like the dodo bird. So, for now anyway... all of their one-sided, slanted reporting gets NO pushback, NO alternative viewpoints - not even in a comments section. This is the unfortunate trend... and as media continues to get more polarized and one-sided, so do the citizens. It's really a shame. The media should not be afraid of reader feedback - they should welcome it as just one method among many of assessing when they might be out-of-touch with a large portion of their audience. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

To give credit where credit is due, I think Colandro handled himself quite well... particularly on the video... good "PR chops", IMO. And then the reader comments (largely criticizing the known political leanings of the reporter) add some nice flavor as well. Thus, their attempts to smear IMO really weren't all that effective. 

On a side note, thank god for comments sections! I hate to see them going away. MSN, for example, was one of the few remaining MSM online sites that still had an open comments section... about a month or so ago, they pulled it down with a message (can't remember exact wording) that they would be exploring new ways for people to express their opinions. So far, NADA. It's just GONE... like the dodo bird. So, for now anyway... all of their one-sided, slanted reporting gets NO pushback, NO alternative viewpoints - not even in a comments section. This is the unfortunate trend... and as media continues to get more polarized and one-sided, so do the citizens. It's really a shame. The media should not be afraid of reader feedback - they should welcome it as just one method among many of assessing when they might be out-of-touch with a large portion of their audience. 

You learn more from the comments...

2 hours ago, NickySantoro said:

It's just little Mikey Kelly again, singing his same old sad song, desperately trying to be relevant and not get sacked like the other second rate hacks there did.  SSDD.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/columnists/mike-kelly/2017/10/05/kelly-five-common-sense-steps-gun-control/731414001/

Mike Kelly is a very dangerous ignoramus. Look how well National Registration worked for the people (esp the Jews) of Germany not long after the Weimar Republic's National Gun Registry.

On 10/8/2017 at 3:48 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

Anthony is a marketing professional.  Has been for decades, even before Gun For Hire was invented.  He does handle himself quite well, making sure to speak in such a way that chopped sound bites wreak havoc in the editing room.  So he gets his message out there in this great video.  Kelly gets to do "The Hit" in the story, NOT the video.  Kelly was almost fair (compared to how he usually is that is) on the subject, but we both know the inverted triangle used to write an editable story had all of the "bad & evil black rifle stuff" in the beginning of the story.

This piece wasn't a surprise to me at all.  Often the media will seek to interview local Second Amendment proponents after an incident, so for me it was more like, "OK someone got off their ass & got an interview with Anthony, GREAT, now we get to have a say in the narrative".  I too was interviewed (over the phone by Dan Alexander) the day after the Vegas incident by NJ101.5fm.  Here's a link to my 5 seconds of fame:  http://nj1015.com/what-will-it-take-nj-congressmen-push-gun-control-after-las-vegas-massacre/ .  Because the story was re-edited several times after Christy appeared on the station's "Ask the Governor" Show, my comments are approx. 20 paragraphs down into the pyramid :) .  I brought up the mental health issue & gave condolences since facts were hard to come by 8 days ago (and still are if you ask me).

The radio station has my contact info, so I expect more calls for future stories.

Rosey