Golf battery

Smk tipped 30 168

Thats the question.  I read use same load data as 168 smk just go off the ogive.  I made a batch and gonna try it out tomorrow.   Im at 2.875 oal with backing off .30 for my headspace.   I think with the bc theyll be great if i can find some data knowledge.   Id rather not do the work.  If someone else has already 

6 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Thats the question.  I read use same load data as 168 smk just go off the ogive.  I made a batch and gonna try it out tomorrow.   Im at 2.875 oal with backing off .30 for my headspace.   I think with the bc theyll be great if i can find some data knowledge.   Id rather not do the work.  If someone else has already 

You're always gonna have to do SOME work.  Every rifle is a bit different.  

Try posting on AccurateShooter.  There is a wealth of knowledge on that site especially in the reloading arena.  You could do Sniper's Hide as well although I personally loathe that site.  

10 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Are you loading magazine length? Or, single shot?

I don't understand Im at 2.875 oal with backing off .30 for my headspace.

Golf - Don't be afraid to touch the lands if it's single shot provided you have full support of the bullet in the case neck.

Then back off 5-10 thousands at a time.  Shoot for group at each increment.

My 243Win shoots best at the "Jam" only problem is once you have one in the chamber you have to pull the trigger.

just lookin at coefficients on site

tipped .535 @ 2050 fps and above
.521 between 2050 fps and 1650 fps
.480 @ 1650 fps and below

HPBT .462 @ 2600 fps and above
.447 between 2600 and 2100 fps
.424 between 2100 and 1600 fps
.405 @ 1600 fps and below

definitely some improvement I wonder if anyone has done a good writeup comparison