Sign in to follow this  
Zeke

For the wrenchs here

16 minutes ago, louu said:

I'm sure it's not hard at all, did you check YouTube? I've done plenty of farm equipment and tractor trailers, just crack the lines lose and it will leak out. 

Haven't tubed it yet.. I'm still doing blackjack in my mind if it's time for a new truck. 400k miles

just watched a vid dont look real hard just make sure you have few days to do the work, i would buy a kit that included the glow plugs. I rebuilt the top end of my 7.3 over the winter getting all the parts and tearing down and reassembly was about 4 weeks. I rebuilt the injectors myself had to replace one that i could not get a part for. then the one i purchased did not work and had to replace it which sucked because you lose oil and fuel in cylinder i had to vaccuum it out before installing replacement injector. you should not have that much fuel pressure unless engine is running otherwise you will see normal fuel pressures..

• Like 1

On another note i had 273000 miles on engine still ran ok had a miss which was most likely the injector that had cracked disc in it. I run XDP diesel power plus in my fuel the combustion chambers, injectors and pistons were amazingly clean.. use it in my 7.3 and my 6.6  also check them out for parts there right in wall township north of race track.

https://www.xtremediesel.com/XDP-Diesel-Power-Plus-Fuel-Additive-XDDPP116.aspx

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tony357 said:

just watched a vid dont look real hard just make sure you have few days to do the work, i would buy a kit that included the glow plugs. I rebuilt the top end of my 7.3 over the winter getting all the parts and tearing down and reassembly was about 4 weeks. I rebuilt the injectors myself had to replace one that i could not get a part for. then the one i purchased did not work and had to replace it which sucked because you lose oil and fuel in cylinder i had to vaccuum it out before installing replacement injector. you should not have that much fuel pressure unless engine is running otherwise you will see normal fuel pressures..

Well shit.. I can do that..

now, where am I getting reman injectors? Suggestions?