WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Colt SAA (Peacemaker)?

Any advice on a good price range and/or caliber for these used?  Looking for a range toy to add to my arsenal and I've maxed out on semi's and plastic guns I want to own.

Looking for a range toy and not a safe queen.

Okay, I've been watching a lot of Western's lately (The Magnificent Seven)...

I have an Uberti SAA for about 10 years now.  The only departure from the Colt design is the cylinder pin safety (which I don't use).  It's well made and proven durable and accurate.

I got it on 357 as I didn't want to stock or reload another caliber.  Something you might want to consider. 

• Like 1

I really like the big Ruger Blackhawk single actions.  45 Colt has been my latest obsession.  I like the Blackhawk and Old Model Vaquero because I can load plinking cowboy loads to loads that rival the 44 Magnum.  This can't be done with any of the other single actions. I mostly load plinking loads but my 4 5/8" Blackhawk has become my working in the yard gun due to a black bear sow and her cubs.

A true Colt 3rd gen shooter will run you anywhere from $1400 to $1700 if you could find one.  New ones from Colt are a 3+ year wait. The Italian clones are the closest you can get at a much more friendly price.

• Like 2