angermanagement

wife's use of my pistols?

When I was 1st getting started my now wife didn't want me to bring one in the house. I said I'd pay to take a class with her and I might have promised dinner or something afterwards she took the NRA first steps class with me got told that it's technically illegal for her to shoot someone with my gun she walked out with a Florida carry permit application and we went out and picked her out a handgun of which I rented anything she wantedto shoot, showed her how tobuse each one let her pick what she wanted, then price shopped for it for her. Let her pick out her own gun but you can't do anything stupid because mine shoots way better than I do

• Like 2

12 hours ago, angermanagement said:

So my wife is finally getting into shooting. She wants to use my pistols. From what I am reading on the laws she can only do so when I am present. So if she goes to the range when I am not available its a no go. Am I correct in that assumption? And does the same thing apply for long guns?

If the wife has her own NJFPID card you can "sell" her your long gun via a C.O.E. (Certificate of Eligibility).  Make 2 copies (one for each party) & tear them up when that evil Henry lever action .22 plinker is safe at home :) .

The other completely legal way of transporting your guns (all of them) is for her to wait till you croak of natural causes or to hire a Hit Man to knock you off.  Assuming you name her as Executrix in your will and she gets it all, she can then transport your firearms (even evil hand guns) to any exempt location, including a range, so she can USE THEM WITHOUT YOU!  In point of fact, she doesn't even need any NJFPID card or P2P's for the hand guns, as they're now HERS automatically through the will :) .

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

If the wife has her own NJFPID card you can "sell" her your long gun via a C.O.E. (Certificate of Eligibility).  Make 2 copies (one for each party) & tear them up when that evil Henry lever action .22 plinker is safe at home :) .

The other completely legal way of transporting your guns (all of them) is for her to wait till you croak of natural causes or to hire a Hit Man to knock you off.  Assuming you name her as Executrix in your will and she gets it all, she can then transport your firearms (even evil hand guns) to any exempt location, including a range, so she can USE THEM WITHOUT YOU!  In point of fact, she doesn't even need any NJFPID card or P2P's for the hand guns, as they're now HERS automatically through the will :) .

Please stop spreading false information. Croaking of natural causes is ok but hiring a Hit Man is not legal.

2 hours ago, angermanagement said:

That's what I am worried about, her offing me! Maybe I should just let her use them and report them missing.

^^^And ya still wanna teach her to shoot, lol?