Silphidae

First Time Stippling - Pretty Happy with Outcome

Just got my Benelli M2 back from Triangle Shooting Sports (Benny Hill) and he doesn't do stippling.  Bought a battery operated soldering gun at Lowes and went to town. 

Decided to go ultra aggressive on the forend by using the side of the iron and completely obliterating the existing pattern.

The stock is a different material that the forend and was much harder to get the same pattern.  Decided to go less aggressive and ended up with a pattern very similar to a Glock Gen 4 grip, which is just about perfect for the grip in my opinion.  

Just thought I'd share, with a little practice I was very happy how my first stipple job turned out.  I tried copying the generic pattern that I generally see online, but I didn't feel it was aggressive enough for my taste.  The forend pattern is on par with brand new skate board tape and hopefully won't have to be replaced anytime soon.  

IMG_4001.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_4007.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

Well done dude, the fore end stippling is a definite need.

Thanks, shot it this weekend and very happy.  Wish I could have made the grip as aggressive and yeah, agree that it’s a definite need for the forend.