Mrs. Peel

If your shot misses the deer... and it scampers away...

I guess you can always indulge your taste for venison with this new sandwich from Arby's: http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/casual/oh-deer-arbys-to-roll-out-venison-sandwiches-nationwide/ar-AAtjf9v?li=BBgdrt0&ocid=spartanntp They're even serving elk in a few states.

Where's @Bighungry618... and @fishnut? Weren't they the big "scrapple" fans as I recall? If they'll eat THAT stuff, even fast-food venison would be a step up. :D

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I guess you can always indulge your taste for venison with this new sandwich from Arby's: http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/casual/oh-deer-arbys-to-roll-out-venison-sandwiches-nationwide/ar-AAtjf9v?li=BBgdrt0&ocid=spartanntp They're even serving elk in a few states.

Where's @Bighungry618... and @fishnut? Weren't they the big "scrapple" fans as I recall? If they'll eat THAT stuff, even fast-food venison would be a step up. :D

Oh I'm game....(see what I did there?),  although I'm sure their "venison" is prepared the same way their "roast beef" is. So by comparison I'd say it's right up there with scrapple on @Displaced Texan's "I'm not putting it in that my mouth" scale.  Anyway...I'd still try it.

I'm picking up @fishnut (he doesn't know yet but) about noonish tomorrow we'll be hitting the Arby's on Rt.38, Lumberton, then we're driving to Zeke's house to make him try the new sandwich first.   Care to join us Madam Peel?  

• Like 1

Uh, no... BIgHungry. Thanks for the thought... but I confess, I hear "venison" and I see the "Bambi" I watched as a kid (with the big round, sad, orphaned eyes). Ummm... just can't go there. Oh, well... chow down, you 3! 

• Like 1

I've never hunted animals but killed a few when required.  Most venison I've tasted like crap.  I will eat venison harvested and prepared by only  three guys I know.  IMO it's not only how it's cooked but what's done with it immediately after the deer is killed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I don't eat fast food..........do you know what they put in that crap? Lol. 

I already have a freezer full of venison and had some steaks for dinner on monday night and venison stir fry last night. No need to get shitty venison from a fast food joint. 

Next shotgun shoot I'll bring some venison jerky and moose jerky for everyone to try out. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bighungry618 said:

Oh I'm game....(see what I did there?),  although I'm sure their "venison" is prepared the same way their "roast beef" is. So by comparison I'd say it's right up there with scrapple on @Displaced Texan's "I'm not putting it in that my mouth" scale.  Anyway...I'd still try it.

I'm picking up @fishnut (he doesn't know yet but) about noonish tomorrow we'll be hitting the Arby's on Rt.38, Lumberton, then we're driving to Zeke's house to make him try the new sandwich first.   Care to join us Madam Peel?  

I'll throw a bacon wrapped back strap in the smoker in the morning.

You bring the beer. 

Screw fast food 

I'm bringing a moose heart steak and a smoked moose tongue sandwich for Zeke to try

• Like 1

This sold out quickly last year.  If you want one, get 'em quick!

Arby's rules!  Their slogan is "We've Got The Meats!"  That in and off itself sold me.  I'll take one of their roast beef n' cheddar sandwhichs over a greasy burger any day.  Not that I eat much fast food but I prefer Arbys.

Also, what is this "missing" the deer?  One and done!  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

So sayeth the man that eats SCRAPPLE?!

1- I can pronounce every ingredients in Scrapple.

2- I'd be willing to bet there are more ingredients in a McDonald's cheeseburger than there are scrapple 

3- as someone who is a little more open-minded than most on this forum I'm disappointed that you eat with your eyes and not by taste. 

Wild game, organ meat and Scrapple is pretty mild compared to some of the things I've eaten. I'm actually quite fond of live termites, they taste like carrots.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fishnut said:

3- as someone who is a little more open-minded than most on this forum I'm disappointed that you eat with your eyes and not by taste. 

OK, Fishnut! I can see I've offended your scrapple-loving woodsman tendencies. I apologize. I'll try to be less judgey. Can't wait to try the venison jerky and moose jerky. (See? I put that online for all to see. Now I'm committed to at least a taste). :D 

As for the termites... ummm, if you don't mind, I'll just take your word for it that they're utterly DELISH!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fishnut said:

1- I can pronounce every ingredients in Scrapple.

2- I'd be willing to bet there are more ingredients in a McDonald's cheeseburger than there are scrapple 

Wild game, organ meat and Scrapple is pretty mild compared to some of the things I've eaten. I'm actually quite fond of live termites, they taste like carrots.  

Frog legs actually do taste like chicken..

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Except when they are at a all you can eat Chinese buffet in Phillipsburg, then they taste like fishy rubber with a hint of E coli. 

Fresh caught is the only way to go!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Except when they are at a all you can eat Chinese buffet in Phillipsburg, then they taste like fishy rubber with a hint of E coli. 

Fresh caught is the only way to go!

3 fails here

all you can eat frog legs

phillpsburg

chinese buffet.

f---_

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

LOVE me some frogs legs. I remember gigging big ole bullfrogs when I was a kid. My grandfather and I used to go out every year and get us a whole mess of them! Good eats!

4 hours ago, fishnut said:

Pffff one shot one kill........ amateur

Lucky bastard! Hogs of that size are great to eat. We will eat them up to about 100#, any bigger than that, we leave them lay. 

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

OK, Fishnut! I can see I've offended your scrapple-loving woodsman tendencies. I apologize. I'll try to be less judgey. Can't wait to try the venison jerky and moose jerky. (See? I put that online for all to see. Now I'm committed to at least a taste). :D 

As for the termites... ummm, if you don't mind, I'll just take your word for it that they're utterly DELISH!

Venison and moose meat is lovely, and makes into great jerky. You'll love it, Peel!

11 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Lucky bastard! Hogs of that size are great to eat. We will eat them up to about 100#, any bigger than that, we leave them lay. 

Yeah down in FL the big ones get made into sausage, the smaller ones chops and loins. Sometimes the guys I hunt with down there will catch a young one live with the dogs and keep it in a pen on an all corn diet. Let them plump up for a few months and it's pig roast time!

18 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Make @fishnut a salad @Mrs. Peel and watch him wormy squirm.. 

Jus Sayen... level playing field 

lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Make @fishnut a salad @Mrs. Peel and watch him wormy squirm.. 

Jus Sayen... level playing field 

lol

Lmao you got me......i like to grow veggies but I don't eat allot of them. Im good with leafy greens, corn,carrots, onion and hot peppers but tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, and cauliflower...... yuck

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Lmao you got me......i like to grow veggies but I don't eat allot of them. Im good with leafy greens, corn,carrots, onion and hot peppers but tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, and cauliflower...... yuck

I’m soo disappointed in your gathering veggies part.

cucumbers are muscle!