Sign in to follow this  
myhatinthering

CZ P-01

Don't think you will find much to complain about on the P-01 or CZ's in general.Other than sights as mentioned and a little heavy DA pull for some,but will get better the more you shoot.Plenty of options to make it the way you want if you find something you don't care for.Had the heat for one recently,waiting for it to be delivered.

Love mine, and it will be my carry handgun if it carry ever comes to NJ.

Pros (somewhat subjective) - Better "pointability" for me than glocks, super accurate, dead-stone reliable in feeding and firing - it has never hiccuped even once with a variety of FMJ and HP ammo.

Cons - Wide discrepancy in trigger pull weight between DA and SA modes, takes practice if you're coming over from the glock side.  Slide is very narrow top to bottom compared to other handguns, can be a challenge to manually cycle if you don't have a strong grip.

Another con is there is not as many holster choices as with more popular models.

I also didn't like the stock sights, replaced them with Truglo TFO's.

There's a couple of places that supply parts or gunsmithing services to improve the trigger.  Cajun Gun Works is the one I'll be going to when I get spare cash together:

https://cajungunworks.com/

Here's a review that I'm mostly in agreement with:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/06/gl-kohler/gun-review-cz-75-p-01/

I have one.

It's the only semi-auto 9 I own(not counting my 1911's) and I'm fine with that.  It shoots like a dream.  Points and drives well. It sleeps next to me when I have a thought to have something sleep next to me.  It is 100% the nicest 9mm semi "hi-cap" pistol I've ever shot and I've been fortunate enough to have shot a bunch.  

Usually when I say "it's not for sale" I wind up selling it.  Not this one.  This one is not for sale.  It's just that nice of a pistol.   

I love mine...now.

At first I didn't like the sights. Also didn't like the physical feel of the trigger, too much of a curve.

Replaced the sights and ordered the Pro-Package from Cajun Gun Works....WOW! It's sooo smooth. The upgrades weren't cheap but worth every penny.

14 hours ago, papulski said:

I love mine...now.

At first I didn't like the sights. Also didn't like the physical feel of the trigger, too much of a curve.

Replaced the sights and ordered the Pro-Package from Cajun Gun Works....WOW! It's sooo smooth. The upgrades weren't cheap but worth every penny.

Cajun gun works seems to be the beez kneez for CZ work.  Any before and after pics?

I have the CZ75 sp01 and just installed a few upgrades last night.

•  cz85 combat trigger
  • CGW reduced power trigger return spring
  • CGW stainless steel guide rod
  • CGW 13# Recoil spring
  • Houge extreme aluminum checkered grips in clear aluminum
  • polished a few parts as well. 

It was a bit of a bear to change the trigger out but YouTube got me though it. 

Taking it to the range tonight to try out the upgrades but I can tell the trigger overtravel screw is a nice addition and the shape of the 85c trigger is a little flatter and a little shorter then the stock trigger. It feels more comfortable dry firing it. We’ll see how the recoil spring works out. I got the tuner’s set so I have different weights if I don’t like the 13 but most folks seem to think 13 or 14 are a good place for a factory ammo gun to be at. 

Excuse my mousepad, I've had it for like 10 years now and it's been though a lot :)

... I think the SP01 looks good with the contrast of the stainless trigger and guide rod along with the clear aluminum grips on the dark black coating of the gun. Not sure what CZ uses but it is a nice coating... 

-Jim

IMG_1538.jpg.d99366270ab6faa07a011d5790881f65.jpg

• Like 1