Jfoster99

Steyr STG 77 ( No Pistol Grip)

My FFL ( G&S Hunters) has been transferring the new Steyr STG 77 without any compliance work required.

I previously posted that neither the new “Steyr STG 77 “ or the older “Steyr USR” models are banned by name as part of the NJ AWB on the “Steyr AUG”.

However, supposedly the NJ State Police have confirmed for my FFL the D Shaped Pistol Guard does not constitute a Pistol Grip. They have advised and he has Transfer several STG 77’s with the standard Flash Hidder muzzle device as the included evil feature ( not the Pistol Grip.)

I was very surprised to hear my FFL’s Position on this ( The STG 77 does not have a Pistol Grip)!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I used the AUG for over about 10 years.  I pretty much liked it but over time found many issues with it.   We went back to the M16/M4 platform.  

You can get two pretty nice ARS for asking price of a AUG or AUG clone.  You'd be ahead IMO.  Unless you have to have an AUG or AUG clone.