Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. Peel

ICE Director Orders a Five-Fold Increase in Immigration Enforcement Actions Against Employers

OK, I'm trying to start this in a "regular" forum --- let's see if we can stay polite and NOT force our mods to move it to 1A Lounge! :D

I was delighted to see this article talking about turning up the heat on the employers who hire illegal aliens. LONG OVERDUE IMO! If you don't go after the things that draw illegal aliens here in the first place (like a paycheck) --- you are doing nothing to stem the human tide. After all, the majority of these people are simply desperate and seeking employment/better life, etc.

I also appreciate the comments this ICE director made because the whole idea just strikes me as more equitable --- I mean, if we're going to enforce the law with the poor folks breaking our immigration laws largely because of their own desperation, we should certainly ALSO go after the wealthy employers who take advantage of that desperation for their own gain. That seems only fair! Besides, they need to be hitting this complex problem aggressively from both ends... and on all fronts. Here's the Mrs. Peel Illegal Alien Crackdown Plan (lol):

• Deport illegals, start with the felons - move on from there 
  • Aggressively fine - AND jail! - the employers who hire them (and please, not just the poor HR slob - throw a few CEO's in jail and advertise it widely - that'll have a chilling effect)
  • Crack down on ANY and ALL sanctuary bodies (states/municipalities/school districts) that shield people from legal deportation orders - withhold funds, take to court, whatever means there are 
  • Do away with automatic citizenship (the ability to have so-called "anchor babies" is a huge draw IMO) 
  • Fund "no cost return trips" - promote these "paid bus tickets back home" on posters at every employer and every social service agency (make the posters mandatory like labor law & OSHA posters)
  • And.... yep... build a damn wall! Because inevitably, the next administration will undo all of the policies of this current administration... and an enhanced physical barrier will be the only thing that remains. (It won't help, of course, with those that overstay visas, but at least it's a partial solution).

I can only hope this planned crackdown on employers isn't empty talk! Because it really sounds like music to my ears.

https://www.redstate.com/stre iff/2017/10/19/ice-director-directs-five-fold-increase-immigration-enforcement-actions-employers/

• Like 4

Good! I get tired of the talking heads including both sides saying, they work jobs nobody wants. That is pure bs.

I blame the govt. But I blame the parents of kids more. Nobody wants to wash dishes? Nobody wants to do landscaping? I did all that and more. God forbid parents don’t put there kids in the work force as soon as they are of age. My father said if I want something, I must work for it. I actually wanted to. It was a great feeling having some independence. Something the young never have.

I started working when I was 13 and never looked back. Barely missing any time into my adulthood.

I don’t see any fix for this. Parents won’t change. Kids will continue to be lazy and entitled till they have no choice.

The only outcome I can see from ICE doing its thing is employers consolidating, paying more money to people for menial jobs or folding. Can’t hire low end workers if there are none. So I embrace what ICE is going to do. Just not sure what the long term results will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

i'm glad to see they're finally doing something about the employers. it's gonna hurt a lot of landscapers and construction companies though. but.....i don't give a #$$%. they should know better.

No they won’t. It has to be a joint effort with parents and kids as I mentioned. No puters, no phones, no free car. Get their butts to work. They can make min. Wage to start. Win win in my book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

i'm glad to see they're finally doing something about the employers. it's gonna hurt a lot of landscapers and construction companies though. but.....i don't give a #$$%. they should know better.

Not that I disagree, but... be prepared to pay more. Produce/fruits, construction, etc. The employer isn’t going to eat it if they have to pay more.. it’s similar to the minimum wage hike the Left loves. 

Its not that people don’t want to do those types of jobs. But they won’t/can’t do them for what the employers are willing to pay. Some of that is competitive pressure to lower cost. 

• Like 1

there would be no "what the employers are willing to pay" if there were no illegals to do them for cheaper(although that gap's not what it once was).  also, though most of us want good deals.....i'm pretty sure most of us will be willing to pay a little more for quality, and for legal citizens.

how many of you bought "made in china" American flags for less than 10 bucks? or did ya pay the 35 bucks for made in America?

45 minutes ago, bhunted said:

No they won’t. It has to be a joint effort with parents and kids as I mentioned. No puters, no phones, no free car. Get their butts to work. They can make min. Wage to start. Win win in my book.

this is a HUGE part of the problem. people not wanting to start out small. thinking they're entitled to go big right off the bat. i've had guys that didn't even rate as a parts hanger come in and want 12+ bucks an hour to start. annnd of course i showed em the door.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

there would be no "what the employers are willing to pay" if there were no illegals to do them for cheaper(although that gap's not what it once was).

Agreed. The power of the internet.. labor rates have gone up...

Identity theft goes up or down with this enforcement? That I don’t know 

1LtCAP, my flags are all made in USA and I usually pay a lot more than 35 for them. Especially if I have them flown over the USS Arizona first. No cheap flags here.

2 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Not that I disagree, but... be prepared to pay more. Produce/fruits, construction, etc. The employer isn’t going to eat it if they have to pay more.. it’s similar to the minimum wage hike the Left loves. 

Its not that people don’t want to do those types of jobs. But they won’t/can’t do them for what the employers are willing to pay. Some of that is competitive pressure to lower cost. 

I do agree higher consumer prices would be a likely outcome. But, personally, I don't think the porous borders are merely a breakdown of law & order, or even just evidence of unfairness (some immigrants jumping ahead of those following the legal process), or that their link to consumer prices should even be considered!

Porous borders, first and foremost, are a national security risk. If a border is porous enough that unaccompanied children and teens can cross it... don't you think those that wish to harm us recognize that weak point in our defenses?... and will eventually exploit it? I'm concerned about the small but growing number of people from countries other than Mexico (or even from other than the South American countries) that have been caught crossing our southern border. They've picked up people from known middle eastern terrorist hotspots crossing the Mexican border. I mean... WTF? Sure, maybe they're just harmless migrants weaving their way across the globe... but maybe they're testing the border. 

Would I personally pay more at the grocery store as a trade-off for having that known security gap corrected? Yes, I would. 

13 minutes ago, bhunted said:

1LtCAP, my flags are all made in USA and I usually pay a lot more than 35 for them. Especially if I have them flown over the USS Arizona first. No cheap flags here.

getting off topic but...we (wife) have a special flag, was flown over the WTC construction site for her when she retired from there, very special for us. Now back on topic-build that wall! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

OK, I'm trying to start this in a "regular" forum --- let's see if we can stay polite and NOT force our mods to move it to 1A Lounge! :D

I was delighted to see this article talking about turning up the heat on the employers who hire illegal aliens. LONG OVERDUE IMO! If you don't go after the things that draw illegal aliens here in the first place (like a paycheck) --- you are doing nothing to stem the human tide. After all, the majority of these people are simply desperate and seeking employment/better life, etc.

I also appreciate the comments this ICE director made because the whole idea just strikes me as more equitable --- I mean, if we're going to enforce the law with the poor folks breaking our immigration laws largely because of their own desperation, we should certainly ALSO go after the wealthy employers who take advantage of that desperation for their own gain. That seems only fair! Besides, they need to be hitting this complex problem aggressively from both ends... and on all fronts. Here's the Mrs. Peel Illegal Alien Crackdown Plan (lol):

• Deport illegals, start with the felons - move on from there 
  • Aggressively fine - AND jail! - the employers who hire them (and please, not just the poor HR slob - throw a few CEO's in jail and advertise it widely - that'll have a chilling effect)
  • Crack down on ANY and ALL sanctuary bodies (states/municipalities/school districts) that shield people from legal deportation orders - withhold funds, take to court, whatever means there are 
  • Do away with automatic citizenship (the ability to have so-called "anchor babies" is a huge draw IMO) 
  • Fund "no cost return trips" - promote these "paid bus tickets back home" on posters at every employer and every social service agency (make the posters mandatory like labor law & OSHA posters)
  • And.... yep... build a damn wall! Because inevitably, the next administration will undo all of the policies of this current administration... and an enhanced physical barrier will be the only thing that remains. (It won't help, of course, with those that overstay visas, but at least it's a partial solution).

I can only hope this planned crackdown on employers isn't empty talk! Because it really sounds like music to my ears.

https://www.redstate.com/stre iff/2017/10/19/ice-director-directs-five-fold-increase-immigration-enforcement-actions-employers/

While the thought of tossing overcompensated CEO's in jail is a great idea the reality of the problem is that most of the illegal workers don't actually work for the company where the work is being done.

When I worked for North Jersey Media Group which was later purchased by Gannett 80% of out labor force was subcontracted out to a temp agency. There was rampant sharing of bogus social security numbers and many illegals working for the temp agency. Every few months the name of the agency would change but the managers and the laborers would remain the same.

NJMG and Gannett have 0 liability because the temp agency is responsible for vetting their employees.

That is why the real criminals can't be prosecuted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucin said:

While the thought of tossing overcompensated CEO's in jail is a great idea the reality of the problem is that most of the illegal workers don't actually work for the company where the work is being done.

When I worked for North Jersey Media Group which was later purchased by Gannett 80% of out labor force was subcontracted out to a temp agency. There was rampant sharing of bogus social security numbers and many illegals working for the temp agency. Every few months the name of the agency would change but the managers and the laborers would remain the same.

NJMG and Gannett have 0 liability because the temp agency is responsible for vetting their employees.

That is why the real criminals can't be prosecuted.

You're probably right. Though I'd love to see a CEO of a big company sitting in the pokey... ok... fine, then jail a few recruitment agency owners. Recruiting is an incestuous business - EVERYONE would find out about it in a New York minute. Then, guess what? The vast majority of agencies will soon be unwilling to take the risk of hiring illegals. Same end result. I can live with that. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zeke said:

Agreed. The power of the internet.. labor rates have gone up...

Identity theft goes up or down with this enforcement? That I don’t know 

i suspect that identity theft would go up, as employers tried to keep their slave labor, and as those illegals tried to find ways to stay here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bhunted said:

all of mine are made in america. all sewn. no printed crap. even my thin blue line flags are made here.

i don't have any flags that were flown over the arizona....but i do have a ft mchenry flag that i got at an auction at an nra dinner a few years back. that's framed, and going up on the wall in my bedroom when i'm done paneling.

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I do agree higher consumer prices would be a likely outcome. But, personally, I don't think the porous borders are merely a breakdown of law & order, or even just evidence of unfairness (some immigrants jumping ahead of those following the legal process), or that their link to consumer prices should even be considered!

Porous borders, first and foremost, are a national security risk. If a border is porous enough that unaccompanied children and teens can cross it... don't you think those that wish to harm us recognize that weak point in our defenses?... and will eventually exploit it? I'm concerned about the small but growing number of people from countries other than Mexico (or even from other than the South American countries) that have been caught crossing our southern border. They've picked up people from known middle eastern terrorist hotspots crossing the Mexican border. I mean... WTF? Sure, maybe they're just harmless migrants weaving their way across the globe... but maybe they're testing the border. 

Would I personally pay more at the grocery store as a trade-off for having that known security gap corrected? Yes, I would. 

they don't need to. they can get here on work or student visas. then when they expire, they just stay.

• Like 1