noobwitha22

Newest of the new

Hello all. Yes I am the newest member, I know it was hard to figure out. I recently applied for my firearms permit and I am now awaiting the results, I was told about a month or so. In the meantime I have been scouring the web for info on gun ownership in NJ. I also been getting answers to questions I have had. I recently discovered this site in my searching and figured what better forum will there be to learn about gun ownership in NJ?

Welcome noob.

hmmm... that didn't sound right.....

Seems you find the forum useful.  That's great.  Keep searching.  A lot of info here....to questions you never thought you needed to ask.... but probably did need to ask.

Get your Firearms Purchasers ID and permits to purchase handguns and go buy some guns.

This is one thing you want the 'results' to be positive.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the welcome.

14 hours ago, Kevin125 said:

Welcome noob.

hmmm... that didn't sound right.....

Seems you find the forum useful.  That's great.  Keep searching.  A lot of info here....to questions you never thought you needed to ask.... but probably did need to ask.

Get your Firearms Purchasers ID and permits to purchase handguns and go buy some guns.

This is one thing you want the 'results' to be positive.

It sounds right to me, I am a noob.

14 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Ps.  Get your nh concealed carry permit.  You tooo mr kevin.  I got a vibe.  

But I live in NJ.

4 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Where ya from?  Looking for anything in particular?

From NJ, I am looking to start off with a .22. The upcoming weeks I am going to put my hands on and some rounds down range on a S&W Victory, a Ruger MkIV if a range has one for rent and I will see what other .22's the ranges have. My budget is pretty low and I am only looking to do target shooting for now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

You can get a nh ccw permit.   Itallows you to carry in PA and about 25 other states.  

Yeah I am not going to NH, just could not afford to move or take a vacation to get the permit. You need to take classes for that as well, right? I couldn't afford all that.

4 hours ago, noobwitha22 said:

Yeah I am not going to NH, just could not afford to move or take a vacation to get the permit. You need to take classes for that as well, right? I couldn't afford all that.

It’s online

And no, you can’t carry in nj . Yet

• Like 1

4 hours ago, noobwitha22 said:

Fill out form on line. Print out. Write check for $100. Mail to NH. Two weeks later you are GTG for PA carry.

It's OK, not sure you're ready yet. Concentrate on acquiring and becoming proficient with whatever you decide to start out with. Worry about carrying down the road. Welcome to the hobby.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

Fill out form on line. Print out. Write check for $100. Mail to NH. Two weeks later you are GTG for PA carry.

It's OK, not sure you're ready yet. Concentrate on acquiring and becoming proficient with whatever you decide to start out with. Worry about carrying down the road. Welcome to the hobby.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

So no need for classes or anything? Do I need my NJ permit first?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bighungry618 said:

Let's do it the same day...losers buys a case of beer of winner's choice???

@Zeke and @noobwitha22?

No need for anything except a check for the fine folks in NH. 

Mañana?

8 minutes ago, noobwitha22 said:

So no need for classes or anything? Do I need my NJ permit first?

What is your nj permit? You mean your purchase card?

• Like 2

Just now, noobwitha22 said:

Firearms permit? It's actually a purchase card?

I will eventually do the ccw thing but money is very tight for me. So one thing at a time, lol.

Ya my friend. It’s jus for purchasing long guns. Hand guns require a permit to purchase. 

• Like 1