noobwitha22

Newest of the new

30 minutes ago, noobwitha22 said:

Firearms permit? It's actually a purchase card?

I will eventually do the ccw thing but money is very tight for me. So one thing at a time, lol.

you need a fPid. firearms purchase id. you also need to apply for permit to purchase/form of registrar for any/all pistols you wish to purchase. once you've got your fpid, you  can purchase long guns. that's shotguns or rifles. you need only go to the ffl and they'll run a nics check on ya. if you want to purchase pistols, those need separate permits. one for each pistol. and you can only purchase 1 pistol within a 1 month period.

i've bought from jt custom guns. great guy. and you WILL learn from him. he's not just looking to get your money.

look for thread in the forums. i think pk90 made it? he's got the $%^&%$ nj laws linked in there. no one here will bs ya....

Just now, Zeke said:

Ugg

listen you!!

ya know how ya see me online all day? that's 'cause when i get a slim moment at the shop i pop in.....then i run back out into the shop before the boss yells at me, but leave it logged on, lololo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

you need a fPid. firearms purchase id. you also need to apply for permit to purchase/form of registrar for any/all pistols you wish to purchase. once you've got your fpid, you  can purchase long guns. that's shotguns or rifles. you need only go to the ffl and they'll run a nics check on ya. if you want to purchase pistols, those need separate permits. one for each pistol. and you can only purchase 1 pistol within a 1 month period.

i've bought from jt custom guns. great guy. and you WILL learn from him. he's not just looking to get your money.

look for thread in the forums. i think pk90 made it? he's got the $%^&%$ nj laws linked in there. no one here will bs ya....

listen you!!

ya know how ya see me online all day? that's 'cause when i get a slim moment at the shop i pop in.....then i run back out into the shop before the boss yells at me, but leave it logged on, lololo

Standby 

7 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

listen you!!

When I put in my application I put in for a handgun permit as well. Figured might as well even if I can't afford the gun I want at least it is done and no need to wait. Should be able to get one of the .22's I have been looking at. I have been looking through the site I will look for the post with the NJ laws, that is the most important one for me right now. Don't want to break any laws.

1 minute ago, noobwitha22 said:

When I put in my application I put in for a handgun permit as well. Figured might as well even if I can't afford the gun I want at least it is done and no need to wait. Should be able to get one of the .22's I have been looking at. I have been looking through the site I will look for the post with the NJ laws, that is the most important one for me right now. Don't want to break any laws.

i forgot to mention.....pistol permits expire in 90 days. but..you can get them extended another 90

• Like 1

Welcome!  Depending on where in NJ you live there are several ranges which offer rentals.  If not far Easton, Heritage Guild is 5 minutes off the first exit.  They have a wide assortment of guns to rent.

Take a look at the Buckmark 22s.  Very accurate, very nice firearms.

Good luck with everything.  if you have any questions feel free to ask away!

• Like 1

FYI - NJ says they offer CCW but they don't.  

The New Hampshire permit mentioned earlier will allow you to carry in New Hampshire and states that recognize (reciprocate) NH's CCW.  

NJ does not recognize ANY states CCW permit.  Almost all of us are hoping national reciprocation gets passed.  This would mean that every state must recognize other state's CCW permits.  As they do with a driver license.  Right now not all states recognize other state's CCW permits.  

But we are getting WAY ahead of ourselves here.  Get your FID and pistol permit first.  Then practice, practice, practice AFTER you learn the safety rules.  

1.  Treat every firearm as if it loaded

2.  Never point a firearm at anything you aren't willing to kill or destroy.

3.  Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.

4.  Know your target and what it beyond it.

Welcome, be safe and enjoy.

• Like 2

Welcome from a former NJ'ian.

You might want to invest in this book -  NJ Gun Law by Evan Nappen.  It will tell you what you need to know about NJ law, what's legal and what is not, etc.

In what municipality do you live?  That will tell us how long your wait for your FPID and/or P2P docs might be. Although the state guidline is 30 days, and although there are specific forms to complete, some municipalities take much longer and require more forms and documents to fill out (some on purpose to discourage you from applying).  Read up here on "Operation Strikeforce" which is an effort to force those municipalities to comply with state guidelines for issuing permits, and FPID cards.

Once you acquire your firearm, as others have said, get some training on how to use it and keep it safe.   Again, welcome.

• Like 1

If you have a NJ Hunting License or plan on getting one get Florida too. No classes, but you have to get fingerprint card (in packet done by local PD) and passport photo (Walgreens or CVS). Utah there is a class and adds Washington State and Wisconsin. Fingerprinting is done at class for Utah and you still need to get passport photo. Having all 3 let's you carry in the following states.73c020211e9ec5bc5842771f6cef523c.jpg

Sadly one Republican Senator in SC keeps tabling Constitutional Carry and Reciprocity Bills because his side business is running CCW Courses.