Pizza Bob

Fun Saturday Morning

Great way to spend a Saturday morning - attending a small gun auction over in PA. About 105 pieces from three estates. There were some terrific deals -like a Ruger 22/45 for $160. Some really nice hunting rifles and a few pieces of milsurp. A distinct absence of black rifles - not by design, but because these came out of collections that dated back to the 60's, as well as some newer stuff.

I bid a Dan Wesson Pistol Pack, with seven barrels (2.5" / 4"/ 6" / 8" / 10" / 12" / 15"), three grips and two wrenches, up to $1K before dropping out. The guy I was bidding against got it for $1025. There was a pristine Colt Mk IV Series 70 that went for $550. A 1903M Springfield for $550. I did manage to bring home a lever action Marlin 1894, .44 Mag with a throwaway scope (Bushnell Sportview 4X) for an average price. Made in 1981 - maybe I can use it in PCC in IDPA , LOL.

i love auctions, even those without guns - having guns is just the cherry on top.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 2

Bob,

Sounds like you had a good day! That Dan Wesson with all those barrels was a deal at $1025, and also the series 70 at $550! 

I too love auctions. I will bid, and win if something I want goes for a good deal, but usually you get idiots bidding up guns to ridiculous prices, and then have a 10-20% buyers premium on top of their bid! It's pretty laughable sometimes! I was even at an auction one time where a rusted to shit Smith and Wesson 29 44mag (nothing special) went for like $950-975. I think everyone thought maybe $3-400 at most! The auctioneer was even making jokes while the bidding was still going on! 

Enjoy your 1894, they are a fun gun!

1 hour ago, Pizza Bob said:

love auctions, even those without guns - having guns is just the cherry on top.

I used to go to all kinds of auctions with my mother, firehouse, multi estate, on site estate, auction house.  Never had a bad time at an auction.  How much did you bid on that 1894?