DaddyNick

Fall bow...

Anybody have any success? Scored this guy in zone 23. Public land. Between work and kids sports it was only my 2nd time out. Was looking for any adult deer to put in the freezer. Will get a euro mount done with his skull. 

Hope everyone has some success. Good luck, have fun, and be safe. 

Nick

IMG_20171020_080355791.jpg

I took a spike last week.  Just got him back from processing and he's now in the freezer.  

20 yard shot from the ground.  Caught him high.  Not a quick as I would have liked, but it's done.  I'm hoping to harvest a doe shortly and then I'm done.  If I don't, that's fine too.  

Nice harvest.  Good luck with the rest of your season.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. 

It depends on where the bullet, arrow, bolt hits them. On average if you put a shot thru both lungs they generally will drop within site. 40-75yards after the shot had been the norm for me. This guy spun towards me as I shot so the bolt went straight in traveling the length of his body stopping in his hip. He went about 40 yards and dropped. The damage was catastrophic.  Gutting it was a mess.  Lol. 

11 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I have quite a lot of deer that pass through my yard. Do they generally drop somewhere close to where you hit them?

If you're thinking what I think you might be thinking you may need to rethink...