Grapeshot

Kimber Micro 9

I was thinking about one several years ago sweet little pistol. i think it would be very nice carry pistol but it seemed to small to me at the time and figured with +p defense ammo it would be a handful.. never did shoot one to find out so it would be nice to hear from someone who does own one.

I purchased compact 9mm witness in steel instead plus i have 13 rounds being double stack mag..

I have the Kimber Micro 9. Fit and finish are excellent. I'm a woman with small hands and the grip is good for me, especially with 7-round magazines that have a small extension.

I'm having some trouble getting used to the short distance between the front and rear sites, which is leading to disappointing shooting results. I had cataract and laser surgery less than a year ago that dramatically changed my vision (far vision is now 20/20, but near and mid vision are crap so I need glasses for those visual ranges); I think that's causing or compounding the problem. I just had shooting glasses made to my prescription and I'm hoping that helps.

I really like the gun, but if my new shooting glasses don't work then it's not the right gun for me. If the glasses do their job then the gun is a definite keeper. It's perfect for concealed carry in PA (I have a NH CCW permit) and it seems to be well-made. It has nice heft to it for such a small gun.

Recoil is definitely manageable, I generally shoot 9mm 124 gr. Take-down and reassembly for cleaning can be a PIA, but there's a slide insert sold on ebay that helps with alignment. The Kimber needs a thorough cleaning before shooting because it comes pretty greasy.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.