Persona non grata

Hold shipment of pistol ammo at FedEx location?

I’ve bought ammo online before, but this shipment is shipping FedEx instead of UPS. FedEx usually gets to my house in the morning or early afternoon, while UPS usually delivers after I get home from work. I believe that I could digitally authorize the release, but needless to say, I don’t want a case of ammo sitting outside all day. Is there any issue with having FedEx hold the package at one of their drop points (such as a Walgreens)? It’s handgun ammo if that makes a difference. 

16 hours ago, mattm754 said:

I’ve bought ammo online before, but this shipment is shipping FedEx instead of UPS. FedEx usually gets to my house in the morning or early afternoon, while UPS usually delivers after I get home from work. I believe that I could digitally authorize the release, but needless to say, I don’t want a case of ammo sitting outside all day. Is there any issue with having FedEx hold the package at one of their drop points (such as a Walgreens)? It’s handgun ammo if that makes a difference. 

It’s just a package. Try

their are laws against stealing packages... jus sayen 

• Like 1

according to Midway, unless it hazardous no signature required for delivery using UPS.

they just dropped 3 bricks of .22`s on my doorstep and left. if it did happen to get stolen I would have to file a report and Midway would investigate the theft before re-shipping the product. I found that to be troubling so I now have signature required even for a cloths order.

Last time I checked, .22 LR is used in pistols.

Which fedex? 

fedex overnight is awesome, so is two day. 

fedex ground used to be ok, but now there's s chance stuff labeled ground is really....

fedex home, which is formerly RPS, and also is the earthly incarnation of the devil itself. They won't hold packages at a fed ex facility because they do not use fedex facilities. Way back when they'd even consider a package hold, I did one. It was a nightmare, and frankly you do not want anything handled by these people. They are 100% contractors, so if your location is on a shit contractor's route, good luck. None of them will put a package on hold until they hit the max delivery tries because then they don't get paid for it. 

I avoid it like the plague. If I have run into the local driver, and they seem decent, then I just avoid it. Because even the best drivers are saddled with the way the whole thing is run. 

On 10/28/2017 at 1:50 PM, Bt Doctur said:

according to Midway, unless it hazardous no signature required for delivery using UPS.

they just dropped 3 bricks of .22`s on my doorstep and left. if it did happen to get stolen I would have to file a report and Midway would investigate the theft before re-shipping the product. I found that to be troubling so I now have signature required even for a cloths order.

Last time I checked, .22 LR is used in pistols.

But. As a UPS driver told me it's up to the driver whether to require a signature once he sees the ORD sticker.

On 11/14/2017 at 4:53 PM, reloaderguy said:

But. As a UPS driver told me it's up to the driver whether to require a signature once he sees the ORD sticker.

It seems that way for every package that I get. Every package I’ve gotten in the past few years has showed signature required when I tracked it with FedEx or UPS, but the drivers almost never ring my doorbell. I believe that the last time they rang my doorbell was a set of tires from TireRack.