revenger

online or local primers

Powder Valley - Currently offering reduced HAZMAT ($20) through 12/31/2017

Retail

Cabelas - Hamburg, PA

T&T Reloading, Easton, PA

Middletown Gun Show at the Orange County Fairgrounds, Middletown, NY November 4-5, 2017.

I'll second the recommendation for Powder Valley.

They'll ship a mixed box (combination of 50K primer or 48lb powder) for a single hazmat and frt.

Put together an order with those nearby, you're already 40% to a full box with 20K primers!

TNT Reloading is a good source. Contact info is Easton but I think they are just down the road in Stockertown. He has some weekday hours and Saturdays when not at a show. Check their website to see if open before going on a Saturday. There will be a note on the home page.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I read on the NYstate gun forums that Middletown show if T-T has a table the line is like an hour long and at their location in Easton they only seem to have odd hours of operation.  Too long of a drive to take a chance.

Cabelas would be a safe bet but I wonder if they have bulk amounts in store.

Sarco had some CCI so I picked up 5k just to get by,   Was told that Federals will be in short supply due to explosion at primer mixing facility.

On another subject,  what is the best way to store powder.    I have probably have too much for storage in my house and want to store it outside somehow,  obviously I know it should be in a cool dry place in its original container so is there a way to accomplish this outside?

anyone have experience on this.   I know powder that is properly stored will last a long time, I still have Bullseye that I got from Edelmans when they were in Totowa or Wayne and it still works.

Thanks 

42 minutes ago, revenger said:

On another subject,  what is the best way to store powder.    I have probably have too much for storage in my house and want to store it outside somehow,  obviously I know it should be in a cool dry place in its original container so is there a way to accomplish this outside?

anyone have experience on this.   I know powder that is properly stored will last a long time, I still have Bullseye that I got from Edelmans when they were in Totowa or Wayne and it still works.

Thanks 

Here ya go............

SUBCHAPTER 10. SMOKELESS POWDER AND BLACK POWDER

12:190-10.1 Scope of subchapter

(a) This subchapter shall apply to:

1. The storage of smokeless powder and black powder for the reloading of small arms ammunition; and
  2. The channels of distribution for the users of smokeless powder and black powder.

(b) This subchapter shall not apply to the storage or processing of smokeless powder and black powder during the manufacturing process.

12:190-10.2 Smokeless powder

(a) A cabinet for smokeless powder shall have walls at least one inch thick, with an interior of nonsparking material. Shelves shall not exceed a three foot separation. The cabinet shall have at least one lock and hinges and hasps that cannot be removed when the door is closed and locked.

(b) Smokeless powder not exceeding 100 pounds intended for personal use may be stored in a residence. Smokeless powder not exceeding 36 pounds stored in residences shall be in approved USDOT shipping containers. Smokeless powder exceeding 36 pounds but not exceeding 100 pounds stored in a residence shall be in a cabinet, and not more than one cabinet shall be used.

(c) Smokeless powder not exceeding 400 pounds intended for resale shall be stored in a warehouse or storage room which is not accessible to unauthorized personnel, or as provided in (d) below.

(d) Smokeless powder not exceeding 400 pounds intended for resale shall be stored in non-portable storage cabinets as follows:

1. Not more than two cabinets in a building and not more than 200 pounds of smokeless powder in a single cabinet.
  2. Cabinets located against walls of the warehouse or storage room with a minimum separation of 10 feet between cabinets.
  3. Cabinets separated from flammable liquids, flammable solids and oxidizing materials by a wall having a fire resistance rating of not less than one hour or by a distance of 25 feet.

(e) Smokeless powder exceeding 400 pounds shall be stored in accordance with N.J.A.C. 12:190-5.

12:190-10.3 Black powder

(a) Black powder not exceeding 50 pounds may be stored in a residence. Black powder not exceeding five pounds stored in a residence shall be in approved USDOT shipping containers. Black powder exceeding five pounds but not exceeding 50 pounds in a residence shall be in a type 4 magazine.

(b) Black powder not exceeding 50 pounds intended for resale may be stored in any building and shall be in a type 4 indoor magazine.

(c) Black powder exceeding 50 pounds shall be stored in a type 4 outdoor magazine, outside of buildings.

12:190-10.4 Smokeless powder and black powder

If smokeless powder is stored in the same magazine with black powder, the total quantity of explosives so stored shall not exceed that permitted for black powder.

12:190-10.5 Conditions for sale

No person shall sell, give or deliver any smokeless powder or black powder to any person for any use unless such person has a valid permit for such use, except that smokeless powder in amounts not to exceed 36 pounds and black powder not to exceed five pounds may be sold to private persons for use in reloading small arms ammunitions for personal use and not resale.

12:190-10.6 Recordkeeping

Recordkeeping for smokeless powder and black powder shall be in accordance with N.J.A.C. 12:190-3.

I usually try and keep 5000 primers of each size sm and lg rifle sm and lg pistol. I keep this many in 1-50 cal box. Once I prep my brass I prime it and store brass in sealed containers. I feel they are safer spread out like this. As far as powder I dont keep too much on hand usually less than 30 lbs at any given time. I currently load with 3 powders. re7 for 223, varget for 308 and grendel, and aa2 for 9 and 45.

Which reminds me does anyone want for pickup only 4-5 lbs of re22 im in freehold area