Sign in to follow this  
diamondd817

Beretta 92FS Inox USA

Just wanted to post up my latest Beretta purchase. I picked up this used but unfired USA made Beretta 92FS Inox. The interesting thing about this one is it uses the commercial M9 frame with the straight dust cover and no grip radius. Beretta made these available for a while about a year to 2 yrs ago. The Inox are being made in Italy now and are coming with the slanted dust cover only. I like the look of the straight dust cover so I had to do a little searching for this one. I found it on Gunbroker at a Pawn shop in Georgia. $600 shipped. Not bad. It came with it's original box and contents.

I thought I wasn't going to like the black controls Beretta uses now on their Inox models. After purchase I immediately starting searching for Inox parts on ebay, brownell's, etc. They are hard to come by and they cost a premium when you do find them. And wow, I didn't realize how many small parts it takes to make it a true Inox Beretta. So, I decided it would be a better idea to take all my black parts off and send them to Robar to be NP3'd. From research I did the NP3 finish is almost a perfect match to the Inox pistols. Now, anyone that knows Beretta knows they been building these newer Inox pistols (and bruntion) with some poly coated steel parts - the trigger, slide catch, safety levers, and mag release. Poly coated parts can't be NP3'd. So I needed to find a steel parts kit. I found a new old stock steel parts kit on Ebay for $37 shipped, it had all the parts I needed and then some. I got the parts kit and the first thing I noticed was the steel parts kit had a real nice, clean, flat black finish to them. The newer black controls used on the Inox pistol have a almost glossy black finish. I decided I want to see how the pistol looked with the flat black controls. So I put them on, and It looked great (IMO). I then decided to replace the stock rubber grip panels with the standard (flat blackish) grip panels. Walla, perfect match and a fantastic look. Now I have no desire to switch to Inox controls. I added a skeletonized hammer and a D hammer spring. I am satisfied with this one.

The picture doesn't do it justice. It looks much nicer in person.

That is all

4hxug.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

That's my next one, awesome choice sir.

20171021_160437.jpg

Pinned mags or 10 round?  I’ve handled the A3 and like it’s feel more than it’s predecessor but haven’t fired one.  My only complaint was for the increase price they still use that plastic guide rod.  I wish Wilson Combat would release parts for this one.  It’s suppressor ready which is nice too.  

Post a pic of your gun with serial number so I can try to scam a sale on Armslist or report it stolen. Lol
I dare you to report a firearm stolen that wasn't yours. Last I checked that was a crime. What kind of scam?

I never cover up any serial number I post pics of.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PK90 said:

I dare you to report a firearm stolen that wasn't yours. Last I checked that was a crime. What kind of scam?

I never cover up any serial number I post pics of.

8 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

Pinned mags or 10 round?  I’ve handled the A3 and like it’s feel more than it’s predecessor but haven’t fired one.  My only complaint was for the increase price they still use that plastic guide rod.  I wish Wilson Combat would release parts for this one.  It’s suppressor ready which is nice too.  

Neither pinned nor 10 rounders.  I swapped the basepads with 15 rounders.  I sold the 10 rounders.  The plastic guide rod is fine, although I do NOT like the Vertec grip angle.  That's why I use the Hogue grips that make it feel like a standard 92/M9.

9 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Very nice. I may steal some of your moves.

I pimped mine with a guide rod laser.

746a0b76cacbc9e409029769f75785b1.jpg82e6f0d832505ce12eb2d88ff9e1560f.jpg6e51a19a118117a04e8b42736e20e5a2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's up with that take down lever? Does it have something to do with the laser guide rod? I never seen a take down lever that looked like that.

10 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

That's my next one, awesome choice sir.

20171021_160437.jpg

There is a whole lot of Beretta in that picture. I like it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tony357 said:

Nice.. good luck with it.. watch back for range report..

I took it to the range Saturday to function test it after the d spring and lighter hammer install. 200rds, flawless. And as usual shot nice and smooth, as a Beretta should.

9 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

I don't get covering up the serial number.  But that's just me.

I just do it because everyone else does it. If everyone jumped off the bridge, well you get it.....

1 hour ago, diamondd817 said:

I just do it because everyone else does it. If everyone jumped off the bridge, well you get it.....

I gotcha, it's your pictures and you post them how you want.   Time for another pasta pistol my friend!

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Neither pinned nor 10 rounders.  I swapped the basepads with 15 rounders.  I sold the 10 rounders.  The plastic guide rod is fine, although I do NOT like the Vertec grip angle.  That's why I use the Hogue grips that make it feel like a standard 92/M9.

That's a great solution for the mags. 

2 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

What's up with that take down lever? Does it have something to do with the laser guide rod? I never seen a take down lever that looked like that.

Yup, it's the ambi on/off activation switch for the laser.  Perfect position to flick it on with the index finger.

2 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Yup, it's the ambi on/off activation switch for the laser.  Perfect position to flick it on with the index finger.

How has it handled so far?  Laserlyte?  Cost?

On 10/31/2017 at 11:27 AM, Ray Ray said:

How has it handled so far?  Laserlyte?  Cost?

It's a LaserMax that came with the pistol when I bought it used.  Got the seller to basically throw it in with all his mags.  It replaces the guide rod assembly.

Works perfect.  No malfunctions or anything.

https://www.lasermax.com/products/guide-rod-lasers/lms-1441g

39 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

It's a LaserMax that came with the pistol when I bought it used.  Got the seller to basically throw it in with all his mags.  It replaces the guide rod assembly.

Works perfect.  No malfunctions or anything.

https://www.lasermax.com/products/guide-rod-lasers/lms-1441g

320 clams?  God damn.  Thanks dude

22 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

I am PISSED! I had the 92 Inox out today and put about 150rds thru it. Somewhere during my range session debris got caught between the trigger bar and the frame. Scratched the anodized finish right off. Shit....

29nulhg.jpg

This is why I don't buy pretty guns.  It's not that I don't like pretty guns, I just know that I'll scratch it up the first time I open the box.

11 minutes ago, maintenanceguy said:

This is why I don't buy pretty guns.  It's not that I don't like pretty guns, I just know that I'll scratch it up the first time I open the box.

That's at minimum a $200 scratch. Allegheny Arms re-anodizes Inox frames for $125, but add in the overnight shipping for the frame and bam, easy $200+...F****

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bhunted said:

Alright. Fess up! You did it by accident and you are willing to let the tooth fairy take the blame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope, then I would suck it up and pay to fix it. I eff'd up shit before, but this one wasn't  me.