EWC88

Storing gun(s) at different location?

No nothing bad on why lol...A friend of mine asked me because I have been shooting longer then him (he just started) and he didn’t know. Something is going on currently dealing with family so that’s why. He didn’t know if someone could store for him, or if he would have to see if paying a LGS rent to store it. 

Depending on how "serious" this "thing" going on at home, your friend may be better off selling the goods. Next best thing is to rent gun storage in FAR away places like PA and have a receipt. 

If its not serious things, he is concerned about someone illegally accessing his firearms at home, local LGS is the way to go. 

Not long ago someone posted a bitter case of divorce and some of the things the poor dude had to do in staying clear of being accused of abuse. NJ is a crap place to be caught up in something like that with legal firearms. 

I am not a lawyer, dont pretend to be one and not implying anything serious going on. Just 2cents. 

I would not consider self-storage units in any way secure for firearms storage: http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2017/01/police_probing_possible_connection_of_storage_unit.html

Gunsitters is the way to go.  I believe some local ranges also have storage lockers available for rent.

Not sure what the situation is, but all it takes is for someone (she) to say "he pointed a gun at me" even if it's not true then your life will be upside down.  Best to have a documented way to show you did not have possession of said firearm.

• Like 1