Sign in to follow this  
Downtownv

Why are Gun Charges dropped in most criminal cases?

Funny, no one worries about their gun rights in Newark, Asbury, Camden or Trenton....And rarely is anyone prosecuted for the illegal gun.

One reason is it's plea bargained while pursuing larger charges i.e. robbery murder etc.

BUT we have a Felony law with a MANDATORY 5 year sentence for use of a gun while committing a crime (ANY Crime) Right?

So why do the bad guys get this break, you or I wouldn't.

I moved this off of the Stun Gun Thread as to not hijack the OP.

1. Only fools (that would be me) believe their tax money is used to setup a "fair" legal system. Or that the officer, prosecutor, defense attorney, the jury or the judge is looking after your best interests.  There would have been no need for most of individual rights if that was the case. It never was and it will never be.  

As much as we all like to debate against it, there is not a single employee of the Justice System out there who wouldn't like an easy collar. And NONE of them would let go of a collar without something in return. Most of us would do same if we were to be employed by the same system. Thats the way it is. 

2. No matter what anyone tells you, its a Jungle out there. The System will squeeze you as much as possible. You have to have something to give. No use in finger pointing. Thats the way it is. Most of us are guilty of it. We pay more money to reduce traffic tickets. 

3. That brings us to "Gun Charges".  Real criminals have been through The University Of Justice System multiple times. They understand the game, they played it and live through it. Career criminals always have chips to play and they use them wisely. 

An otherwise law abiding Joe dont have chips, dont understand the game and cannot play it. (S)He will follow directions, spill the beans, do stupid stuff, believe in that friendly "interview", the prosecutor with a flag pin.  In Jungle, those that cannot play the game, perish. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FXDX said:

$

They don't have money...

10 hours ago, jackandjill said:

1. Only fools (that would be me) believe their tax money is used to setup a "fair" legal system. Or that the officer, prosecutor, defense attorney, the jury or the judge is looking after your best interests.  There would have been no need for most of individual rights if that was the case. It never was and it will never be.  

As much as we all like to debate against it, there is not a single employee of the Justice System out there who wouldn't like an easy collar. And NONE of them would let go of a collar without something in return. Most of us would do same if we were to be employed by the same system. Thats the way it is. 

2. No matter what anyone tells you, its a Jungle out there. The System will squeeze you as much as possible. You have to have something to give. No use in finger pointing. Thats the way it is. Most of us are guilty of it. We pay more money to reduce traffic tickets. 

3. That brings us to "Gun Charges".  Real criminals have been through The University Of Justice System multiple times. They understand the game, they played it and live through it. Career criminals always have chips to play and they use them wisely. 

An otherwise law abiding Joe dont have chips, dont understand the game and cannot play it. (S)He will follow directions, spill the beans, do stupid stuff, believe in that friendly "interview", the prosecutor with a flag pin.  In Jungle, those that cannot play the game, perish. 

Perhaps the most interesting take I've heard. I believe your onto something. Think about every newspaper reported crime, involving a gun. A 99% of the time  the thug is a regular. Plea  bargains, the illegal Gun used in a crime by more than likely, a felon. The gun rap vanishes!

5 year mandatory only applies to the non regulars, not the career criminals.

Justice is a funny word.

3 hours ago, Downtownv said:

Funny, no one worries about their gun rights in Newark, Asbury, Camden or Trenton....And rarely is anyone prosecuted for the illegal gun.

One reason is it's plea bargained while pursuing larger charges i.e. robbery murder etc.

BUT we have a Felony law with a MANDATORY 5 year sentence for use of a gun while committing a crime (ANY Crime) Right?

So why do the bad guys get this break, you or I wouldn't.

I moved this off of the Stun Gun Thread as to not hijack the OP.

They have something to trade: info on their fellow criminals. We don't.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WP22 said:

They have something to trade: info on their fellow criminals. We don't.

Dude it's not even that. 

They can trade a guilty verdict on other charges, and an easy win for the prosecutor, for dropping of gun charges. 

Bullshit technicalities only screw with those who are doing their best to obey the law. 

This is where the gun grabbers don't see the inevitable. Criminalize me enough, and nothing is more risky than just existing day to day. You might as well have no laws at that point as your daily life consists of what you think you can get away with.