owadj01

Question on moving

So I'm looking to move into a new home soon and trying to figure out the proper way of moving certain items one may own as a member of this forum from the current house to the new house if I was to close on both the sale of my current home and the purchase of my new home on the same day.

Dose closing count as a reasonable devation?

(I acknowledge any and all response are not legal advice)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Based on the numbers of people who have been arrested for having taking an "unreasonable deviation" over the past two 45 years (which has been zero btw) I am pretty assured you'd be safe.

I agree.  Risk is very low.  Do what you have to do.

But...I'm going to nit pick.  Nobody gets arrested for taking unreasonable deviations.  People get arrested for unlawful possession.  You just get to use the reasonable deviation thing as a defense if it applies. 

• Like 2

One option is for you store your items at Gunsitters in Whippany beforehand and retrieve them afterwards at your convenience.  May provide you peace of mind during what may be a hectic time.

I used them earlier this year when I and my family went on a Florida vacation. I posted a detailed writeup on my Gunsitters experience.

Bear in mind that there is no moving exemption for hollow point ammunition.  As absurd as it may seem, in that instance, you could have someone drive from old house to range, then from range to new house and stay within the exemptions.

2 hours ago, maintenanceguy said:

I agree.  Risk is very low.  Do what you have to do.

But...I'm going to nit pick.  Nobody gets arrested for taking unreasonable deviations.  People get arrested for unlawful possession.  You just get to use the reasonable deviation thing as a defense if it applies. 

Yes the charge is unlawful possession.  No one has been arrested for it when they stopped to eat, get gas, use the bathroom,  get a pack of cigarettes,  or close on their new house.

• Like 1