Krdshrk

Shotgun Shootout - Sunday November 12, 2017 @ Clinton WMA

1 hour ago, sota said:

should figure out how to make a warming tent. I got my 10x10 popups, but they have no sides. might try some tarps one day, but i don't have a heater.

Perhaps park a tall SUV-type vehicle on each open side to at least block the wind, and then use Krdshrk's heater? Better than nothing? Or we could block the sides with draped sheets attached with binder clips? We should have planned better. Sheesh...where's all those damn prepper types when you need them? ;)

Don't think me rude or anti-social... but I plan to escape to my car and blast the heat periodically to thaw! :heat:

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Perhaps park a tall SUV-type vehicle on each open side to at least block the wind, and then use Krdshrk's heater? Better than nothing? Or we could block the sides with draped sheets attached with binder clips? We should have planned better. Sheesh...where's all those damn prepper types when you need them? ;)

Don't think me rude or anti-social... but I plan to escape to my car and blast the heat periodically to thaw! :heat:

I'm sure Cindy will retire occasionally to the FJ to warm up too.

looks like my 6 year old barely used thrower battery took a dive as well.

and, i've shot better.  also helps if I put the field barrel on the 500 instead of the security. oops.

sorry I had to bail when I did... kid got cranky and hungry.

Great day today everyone! Some new faces and first time shooters

What can I say though, the shockwave was the star of the show and I'm sure@remixer should get@sota the 20 gauge version for free from all the advertising

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That was a good time. Sadly, I think I've discovered that my athletic graces (such as they are) leave me far better suited to operating the thrower than operating a shotgun - :huh: - but I still had fun! 
Thrower"S", plural, lol!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Russ C said:

Thrower"S", plural, lol!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yes! Thank you! I shouldn't sell myself short on my only talent, should I? I was operating 2 after all --- flawlessly! --- like the Edward Scissorshands of thrower operators? (Ok, now this is quickly growing pathetic, isn't it?...sigh:icon_redface:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yes! Thank you! I shouldn't sell myself short on my only talent, should I? I was operating 2 after all --- flawlessly! --- like the Edward Scissorshands of thrower operators? (Ok, now this is quickly growing pathetic, isn't it?...sigh:icon_redface:

Need to learn to fill the thrower(s)..:D

1 hour ago, Purple Patrick said:

Great day today everyone! Some new faces and first time shooters

What can I say though, the shockwave was the star of the show and I'm sure@remixer should get@sota the 20 gauge version for free from all the advertising

Was I being THAT obnoxious? :D I only shouted it once that EVERYONE SHOULD BUY A SHOCKWAVE FROM MONMOUTH ARMS!!! :p

Should figure out some kind of "challenge" coin for shooting clays with the shockwave.  6 shells, gotta hit at least 3, maybe :lol:

Also now I remember why the 500 has the security barrel on it all the time; it doesn't actually fit properly in the save with the field barrel attached!  I might be able to fix that though.

Did anyone manage to bust a bird with a shockwave?  I was really looking forward to trying out the shockwave I bought at MONMOUTH ARMS from STEVE conveniently located on Rt9 in Marlboro Twp, just minutes away from Rt 18.  I also wanted to try out the rest of the flash targets I made.

• Like 2

Had a great time today. Thanks for the Shock Wave. I gotta get me one. I will post a link to the video we shot once I get time to edit it a bit.

28 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Did anyone manage to bust a bird with a shockwave?  I was really looking forward to trying out the shockwave I bought at MONMOUTH ARMS from STEVE conveniently located on Rt9 in Marlboro Twp, just minutes away from Rt 18.  I also wanted to try out the rest of the flash targets I made.

I was starting to get the hang of it.  it's a totally different method of transition when you're tracking a target.

Just now, sota said:

I was starting to get the hang of it.  it's a totally different method of transition when you're tracking a target.

I imagine busting one would be extremely difficult.  First, the obvious, you can't really line up a shot easily. I have seen a longer strap used on the forestock that acts similarly to a vertical grip and a sort of wrist strap attached to the sling stud of the birdshead grip.  Second, it's a cylinder bore so the shot will spread very quickly, you really gotta get on the bird fast and pop it inside of 20 yards.  On a regulation field I think it would be virtually impossible since the trap house is already 15 yards out, but at least with the thrower right on the firing line you have a decent chance.  A shell with a flight control wad would probably help too.

1 hour ago, brucin said:

Had a great time today. Thanks for the Shock Wave. I gotta get me one. I will post a link to the video we shot once I get time to edit it a bit.

Waiting on this video

@fishnut knows who to hit with a pistol grip gun, as does @Purple Patrick.  I needs to learn their techniques.

23 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Crunky?

Great time out.  My thrower held up this time!

Softball sized pumpkins explode nicely.

something like that. you'll learn soon enough! :D

it's too bad it's verboten, but I bet #4 shot would be more consistent at getting clays.  larger balls and tighter pattern.

Waiting on this video
[mention=2107]fishnut[/mention] knows who to hit with a pistol grip gun, as does [mention=5228]Purple Patrick[/mention].  I needs to learn their techniques.
Couldn't hit with the shockwave but only tried a few times, nailed a few with the 20 gauge pistol grip only and even did one one handed(maybe)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

That's what a lot of us use...

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Had 1 hiccup today out of 90.

ok stuff in our 1187’s

good to know.

cabela's will have it on sale for $49.99 on 11/22.

i'm abandoning buying more guns (except a 20ga shockwave) and putting funds to stock up on ammo to a 4 year avg consumption level, ahead of the fucknut taking the oath he'll violate immediately.

• Like 1

Man, sorry I missed it. I was really trying to get out there today but it wasn’t in the cards. Hope to catch you all at the next one.

My friend Ed said he went and had a great time. Hope he got to meet everyone. I’ve been hounding him to get on the board. He’s just been lurking for a while :) maybe seeing everyone is friendly will push him...

-Jim

• Like 1

Just now, sota said:

good to know.

cabela's will have it on sale for $49.99 on 11/22.

i'm abandoning buying more guns (except a 20ga shockwave) and putting funds to stock up on ammo to a 4 year avg consumption level, ahead of the fucknut taking the oath he'll violate immediately.

A 20 GAUGE 590 SHOCKWAVE FROM

MONMOUTH ARMS

cough, @remixer