Krdshrk

Shotgun Shootout - Sunday November 12, 2017 @ Clinton WMA

I may be bringing another two people, new shooters.  Also, I tried a few of the clays from the first batch of flash targets I made and they performed nicely.  I made up another batch, so I will be bringing about 65 flash targets all together.

The recipe for the flash targets is 6oz of pulverized chalk to about 5 fluid oz of isopropyl rubbing alcohol.  Mix the two until it is just a little thinner than pancake batter and pour into the top of the clay until about 3/4 filled. Gently shake the target in a flat surface until the mixture is evenly spread.  Let dry for about 4 to 6 hours.  Make sure to use a level surface to dry the targets.  6oz of pulverized chalk makes about 40-45 targets.

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

I may be bringing another two people, new shooters.  Also, I tried a few of the clays from the first batch of flash targets I made and they performed nicely.  I made up another batch, so I will be bringing about 65 flash targets all together.

The recipe for the flash targets is 6oz of pulverized chalk to about 5 fluid oz of isopropyl rubbing alcohol.  Mix the two until it is just a little thinner than pancake batter and pour into the top of the clay until about 3/4 filled. Gently shake the target in a flat surface until the mixture is evenly spread.  Let dry for about 4 to 6 hours.  Make sure to use a level surface to dry the targets.  6oz of pulverized chalk makes about 40-45 targets.

Your over thinking it. Get some chalk dust, fill top of clay, saturate chalk with Elmers spray glue, let dry. Done. 

Fyi- 3m super 77 spray glue does not work. 

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

You’re more than welcome to let your wife shoot MrsZ 20g semi, all day. Mine is yours

Thanks she said she'll give it a try but she likes a softer recoil.

20 hours ago, Zeke said:

Idk how much softer you can get?

.410 is her favorite. Much softer than 20 gauge. 

On a real positive note due to Cindy's powers of persuasion she has acquired 8 more pumpkins. That makes 10 total

• Like 1

Hmm, ok we’ll see what time I can get there. Sounds like noon is too late [emoji20] 
I’ll see what I can do...
-Jim
Jim, Eddie texted me about this. Is he going with you?

I may be going early with another group. It depends on the wind.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Budasac said:

Jim, Eddie texted me about this. Is he going with you?

I may be going early with another group. It depends on the wind.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Far as I know he is going to show up on his own. Maybe you can reach out to him and see if he wants to head over with you?