boo

You'll be missed mipafox, RIP

Wow. 

I am.. deeply saddened. It really beats me up as I tried tracking him down for months. 

Ed was.. Ed. I once posted on this site that I knew cad and was going to school, and a few PMs later I was his intern. It was a truly humbling and wonderful experience that greatly helped my career. I will always be grateful for the oppurtunity he provided and the hospitality he possessed. Ed was a truly humble and kind person, abseloutely crazy but never anything but nice. 

Damn. 

Edit:

Jesus, I never knew his tag was different on PAFOA. Reading about his condition was horrible. I hope to God he listened to my voicemails.

Second edit:

There are several threads on the main forum illustrating his deteriorating condition. It is abseloutely heartbreaking and horrible. I don't know what the inital cause is but it makes me sick to know what he went through. 

I abseloutely regret not seeing him since I moved to PA. 

Triple Edit:

One day, I need to post a "Stories from Working for Mipafox" thread. News of his passing is really beating me up..

• Like 9

1 hour ago, 302w said:

There are several threads on the main forum illustrating his deteriorating condition. It is abseloutely heartbreaking and horrible. I don't know what the inital cause is but it makes me sick to know what he went through. 

I abseloutely regret not seeing him since I moved to PA. 

Yeah, man.  His last posts were heartbreaking but written in his true-to-self style.  He really did suffer.

Just a reminder to take care of your health above all else.

I only met the guy once but may go to his Memorial service in Cherry Hill on Nov 18th out of respect.

Really sad to hear this. I chatted with him on the phone a few times as well as pm's here. Tried to meet up when I was working in Allentown a few years ago, bit never worked out. As others have said, he was always there to answer questions and help if he could. Spoke with him a lot about suppressors before I moved to FL.

Last time I chatted was early 2015 after I moved. Never knew of his illness. Major bummer.

RIP Ed.

On 11/6/2017 at 10:49 AM, Ray Ray said:

He told us to fight, while he crossed the Delaware and watched.

Not really fair Ray. He pushed guys here to fight and offered to go to Trenton with them to meet with their reps.

He left jersey a long time ago and I don't blame him. He still cared and tried to motivate people on this forum to fight.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, njpilot said:

Not really fair Ray. He pushed guys here to fight and offered to go to Trenton with them to meet with their reps.

He left jersey a long time ago and I don't blame him. He still cared and tried to motivate people on this forum to fight.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

16 minutes ago, njpilot said:

True

But it's kinda like saying in a war, "you guys stay here and shoot while I run for safety".

There could have been other dynamics in his life that were part of his decision to relocate.  Family, jobs, other quality of life issues.  I don’t know if he left to just CCW, but I don’t really know him at all.  I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  

• Like 2

True
But it's kinda like saying in a war, "you guys stay here and shoot while I run for safety".
By your answer it seems you either still don't get it or just didn't listen. He was more NJ pro 2A rights from PA then most who live in this state. One day if your lucky enough to have people remember you when you pass on a forum hopefully there wont be people like you who will talk smack and disrespect your memory.
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, tattooo said:
On 11/8/2017 at 10:30 PM, Ray Ray said:
True

By your answer it seems you either still don't get it or just didn't listen. He was more NJ pro 2A rights from PA then most who live in this state. One day if your lucky enough to have people remember you when you pass on a forum hopefully there wont be people like you who will talk smack and disrespect your memory.

Why should I care if people on a forum remember me?

Move on dude, it's not that serious. 

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

Why should I care if people on a forum remember me?

Move on dude, it's not that serious. 

Ray,

I know this is just another online forum.....I spend a great deal of time here as do you obviously with almost 15K posts!

We build relationships here just as in real life and as such. We come to respect those who show wisdom and somehow seem to connect with those who share our own views. I have had the pleasure of meeting some of the members here as have you. I never met Mipafox but I sure wish I could have! The fact that he got out of here yet still for years, devoted a lot of time to try to guide us to fight for our rights said much about where this man's heart was!

Please, let it go Ray and try to understand the feelings of others including my own! I have grown to respect you as well and I would not sit back and remain silent if God forbid, something were to happen to you. Mipa touched some of us and pissed others off. That's the reality! That was Mipafox!

God rest his soul!

• Like 5

I got it.  He wasn't liked by many when he was alive and now that he has passed away many here have fallen in love.  

I met him, we hung out.  He was a cool dude.  Enough of the circle jerk over his dead body.

Move on

I got it.  He wasn't liked by many when he was alive and now that he has passed away many here have fallen in love.  

I met him, we hung out.  He was a cool dude.  Enough of the circle jerk over his dead body.

Move on

Why are you getting so salty about it? This should be something you can look forward to.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That is very sad.  It's also sad that his funeral service will be held at the anti-gun, liberal whacko Unitarian Universalist Church in Cherry Hill.  This is the same church that perpetually keeps out a huge BLM banner and has organized protests and marches against "gun violence".  In fact, they even had a huge banner on Kings Hwy about "March to End Gun Violence".  They're part of the lunatic fringe left, unfortunately, but it will be great to stick it to them by having a bunch of pro-2A guys show up and honor one of our own!

Whoever actually goes - make a point to speak positively about his 2A activism in front of all of the congregation.  It would be his final F.U. to antis!

• Like 2

On 11/8/2017 at 10:30 PM, Ray Ray said:

True

with all due respect.. something has to be worth fighting for, for me to bother... I "gave up" also and left NJ.. why did I leave? 

* Cheaper cost of living

* Cheaper rent/home prices

* Less taxes

* Pro 2A local government (AND community)

* NFA

* Less crowds and hassle

I have friends and family in NJ.. that I respect.. and I think it sucks you guys get the shitty end of the stick over and over again.. but with that said.. stay and suffer with you for the sake of "being in the fight"? NO THANKS.. no interest at all.. I wish you guys the best... and if you choose to stay.. or "have to stay" more power to you.. but the problem will ALWAYS be the same.. 

To motivate change in law.. you need public support.. overwhelming public support is what drives action.. because catering to people equals votes.. 

* Most people where I lived in NJ were not gun owners.. Some of those people were completely against guns.. the ones that weren't totally against them didn't care enough to fight for them.. so all of those people are out in reference to supporting a pro 2A cause.. 

* Of the people that were gun owners.. most of those people were hunters.. if they could have a single shot rifle, and a shotgun.. they were completely content.. and some of those gun owners were actually AGAINST "military type machine guns that you have no reason to have"

* Which left you with the smallest percentage.. gun owners that wanted gun rights.. that cared about it.. now at this point you have weeded out so much of the general population.. you were left with essentially no one.. a handful of people the government could bully into looking crazy to the rest of the public.. 

It is not a matter of will.. or desire at that point.. you are literally up against a mountain.. and that is why nothing will change for the positive.. because whenever there is a chance to "do something to protect the children".. like 2 round magazine limit.. for example.. the overwhelming majority of people either AGREE that its a good idea.. OR simply don't care enough to even be involved.. and the tiny minority barely has a voice.. 

When you guys talk about getting purchase permits in NJ.. I essentially here "are you sure you really need a gun" type attitude.. every effort in the world to make it a hassle.. 
When I went to the police station over my stolen Saiga.. the local chief and I talked guns for like a half an hour... in a POSITIVE way.. 

It is the entire mindset that is different... it is hard to change the mentality of people.. 

• Like 8

funny you mention gun owners being against military type guns. was at the meeting for our club the other night. one guy there was bitching about "all that ar15 ammo casings" left on the ground on the 25 yard lanes. at first he was complaining about people shooting their ar's on the short lanes....then changed to rifles, then to rifles and shot guns. overall though he kept going back to the ar. plainly had something against them. almost stroked himself out complaining about it. the next 25 minutes of discussion were basically over-thinking of what.when.where to shoot what

On 11/11/2017 at 3:26 PM, bhunted said:

Nobody knows his full name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Craft according to the PAFOA thread.  He wasn't such a bad guy there.  Sounds like he had a terrible end of life.  Constantly falling.  I did not care for Mipa here but I wouldn't have wished bad upon him.  Hopefully he is resting peacefully and out of pain.

• Like 3