almiz111

South Jersey RPC - Winslow, NJ

Guess I am out of touch. Live in a cave.

Went to So. J. for Frozen Nutz shoot today.  Completely dead. No cars, no people.  Retail shop gutted.  Looked like a dance floor.

Did they miss a lease payment????????????  A great range is going to waste. Anybody know the story?

Let me preface with “I believe”....

I know with IDPA they had to change the start time to 0900.

I guess neighbors filed a noise complaint (again speculation), no shooting until after 0900, they have a timer on the locked gate such that even SJSC members can not get in until 0900.

as far as Banger’s, yes, shut down about two years ago, understand there will be a replacement, just not sure when, or who.

If you were there at 8 and found the gate closed and didn't stick around, it's your own damn fault. And you missed a good match.

When I arrived at 8:15 to lock the gate open for the match participants, there already was one vehicle waiting for me.

Sign-in started at 9 with the first shot being fired at exactly 10AM per Winslow Twp Ordinances.

We had 18 shooters today (a light turnout because today was the last 3x600 prone match at Bridgeville DE, so none of the usual Delaware crew was there) 7 slung up and 11 on front rests or bipods. Top dog today was Geoff Gentile who put up an impressive 598 with Bill Gross right on his tail at 597, both slung up!

Next match date is Sun December 3

If you get there early, cool your jets and wait for me to open the gate. Regular member gate cards won't open the gate until 15 minutes before shooting is allowed (10AM Sunday and National Holidays, 9AM every other day). Only RSO and Administrative cards open the gate earlier than that.

• Like 1

FYI, Bangers closed in Summer 2016 shortly after the death of SJSC owner John Aducat.

The owners of the store were forced into bankruptcy by the Estate of the late John Aducat.

As of right now, there is no tenant in the former Bangers space, though the owners of the range (the Aducat Family) are looking for one. A NJ FFL would be preferred, but I think someone with a NJ Retail license to be able to sell ammo (and other non-guns) would be acceptable.