BM59

Calling FAL (Clones) Aficionados

I have a general weakness for Cold-war era battle rifles, including FN49s, BM59s, M14s, G3s, HK93s, Galils....but especially historical FALs given the many diverse variants built. 

I am obviously speaking perfectly legal clones.

Due to lack of time and equipment I never ventured into building one - possibly also because I could not stand screwing up  the first couple of them while I learn.

If anybody in the Northern NJ area shares the same FAL-passion please let me know....

26 minutes ago, BM59 said:

Well,  I know who was  wearing that shoe and who has that rifle now...and neither is you. Not sure if you posted the picture as a reference or..?

'Tis my rifle.  Metric pattern FAL with Imbel receiver and L1A1 furniture.  

NJ FALholic here.  Good luck finding 10-rd mags let alone 15.  FALFiles is your friend.  It doesn't make sense to build a FAL unless you plan to build several given the specialized tooling involved.  FALFiles IMBEL group buy is a good deal if you do. Arizona Reponse Systems is a good FAL builder if you do decide to go down that road.  My next build is a Rhodie or IMBEL para. You're welcome to give my FAL a spin anytime. :)

God bless the Right Arm of the Free World

20 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

'Tis my rifle.  Metric pattern FAL with Imbel receiver and L1A1 furniture.  

NJ FALholic here.  Good luck finding 10-rd mags let alone 15.  FALFiles is your friend.  It doesn't make sense to build a FAL unless you plan to build several given the specialized tooling involved.  FALFiles IMBEL group buy is a good deal if you do. Arizona Reponse Systems is a good FAL builder if you do decide to go down that road.  My next build is a Rhodie or IMBEL para. You're welcome to give my FAL a spin anytime. :)

God bless the Right Arm of the Free World

You may have a similar rifle but that is not yours I am afraid. That rifle belonged to FALFILES member CE who took the picture and posted it for sale last December. I know well because I bought it and had it redone by Brimstone Arms. 

Thanks for posting the info to the benefit of other members here. I have been on FALFILES a while and have a few clones built on Imbel and DSA receivers by reputable builders such as ARS, Randy Klyne and Brimstone Arms - as well as a few DSA factory builds. I was just looking for genuine FAL lovers whom to go shooting with.

You may have a similar rifle but that is not yours I am afraid. That rifle belonged to FALFILES member CE who took the picture and posted it for sale last December. I know well because I bought it and had it redone by Brimstone Arms. 
Thanks for posting the info to the benefit of other members here. I have been on FALFILES a while and have a few clones built on Imbel and DSA receivers by reputable builders such as ARS, Randy Klyne and Brimstone Arms - as well as a few DSA factory builds. I was just looking for genuine FAL lovers whom to go shooting with.

Curious. Because I bought the said L1A1 rifle from Claude (CE) on FALFILES as well. Perhaps you are mistaken?

80fe06843d083e3f1223f0aca239e686.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Curious. Because I bought the said L1A1 rifle from Claude (CE) on FALFILES as well. Perhaps you are mistaken?

80fe06843d083e3f1223f0aca239e686.jpg

I hoped you would go quiet and spare yourself further embarrassment, but you question my integrity and judgement instead so let’s bring some facts to the table.

Here is a link of the thread of Falfiles marketplace where the rifle was sold to me (post # 26):
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408806

Here is how the rifle looks today after being refinished, fake hider pinned and grip replaced:
f474bf76a864cb85b5ba6da09fdf466d.jpg

and here is the old grip by the way...
654aa9b2304b56f408b8ed0ffdf4a934.jpg

Perhaps you can also post a picture of ‘your’ rifle? (instead of your computer screens)

I am not trying to pick a fight online but a prerequisite for a good forum is honest behavior.. your motives are rather innocent (you are bragging about something you don’t own, not trying to sell it) but the principle is the same.

Enough said, I will let others judge - and I have a day of work ahead of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, BM59 said:

I hoped you would go quiet and spare yourself further embarrassment, but you question my integrity and judgement instead so let’s bring some facts to the table.

Here is a link of the thread of Falfiles marketplace where the rifle was sold to me (post # 26):
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408806

Here is how the rifle looks today after being refinished, fake hider pinned and grip replaced:
f474bf76a864cb85b5ba6da09fdf466d.jpg

and here is the old grip by the way...
654aa9b2304b56f408b8ed0ffdf4a934.jpg

Perhaps you can also post a picture of ‘your’ rifle? (instead of your computer screens)

I am not trying to pick a fight online but a prerequisite for a good forum is honest behavior.. your motives are rather innocent (you are bragging about something you don’t own, not trying to sell it) but the principle is the same.

Enough said, I will let others judge - and I have a day of work ahead of me.

Ummmmmm I don' know if you really looked but the rifle is right under his computer screens. 

WTF  has been around here for a while, has a great reputation and I've met the guy in person. I'd be willing to bet money that he has the rifle. 

It' not like it' a one of a kind rifle.

• Like 1

Well. This is got awkward. Lol. I don’t know what to tell you man but he sold me the same rifle too. You can ask CE if he sold that rifle to Sigler.

IIRC, he had three FALs for sale. I assumed you bought the matching STG and not the L1A1. I guess he had another L1A1 too. It really is a small world (of internet gun forums).

Anyway, this is silly and I don’t care if you believe me or not. I was just chiming in that I’m a fellow NNJ FALholic. Didn’t care to get into a pissing contest.

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine....

108a6b9b89983df8174f0ab8522b88ef.jpg

• Like 1

Now I see the picture (was hard to see the rifle in the first one) - what are the odds that CE would have two of the same kind, and would sell to two NJ buyers who end up chatting on the same thread...

I am 100% positive the one in the first picture you posted (with CE's purple shoe) is the L1A1 I bought from him- that is the picture he had on the sale thread. If you look carefully there are three marks on the right side of the stock which is exactly how I got it originally. I was not mistaken, neither I mistook a L1A1 with a STG - hence my reaction.

Anyway I am glad things got clarified, hopefully we'll meet one day to shoot them. 

Here's my FAL looks almost like those two but i knew it wasn't because mine is a rare lefty model.
s0EAIgg.png

I suggest you and WTF consider a refinish job by Matt Downs of Brimstone arms... he’s an artist

85daa0bdf1becb439cc7db20475afef3.jpg

On 11/16/2017 at 11:33 AM, tagonagy said:

Count me in as an FAL fan!  Got a DSA/Imbel build but am a little wary of shooting it in public.  I've had people ask me if the Gun is NJ legal and I don't want an over-enthusiastic/under-informed LEO try to confiscate it.

DSA and Imbel are 100 %fine... Come shoot at ANJRPC - 100yds and 200yds are the best to enjoy FALs.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2017 at 11:33 AM, tagonagy said:

Count me in as an FAL fan!  Got a DSA/Imbel build but am a little wary of shooting it in public.  I've had people ask me if the Gun is NJ legal and I don't want an over-enthusiastic/under-informed LEO try to confiscate it.

I am calling total bullshit and troll -

I have been shooting in NJ for the Beyer part of 24 years not once ever did anyone ask me at all if a rifle I had was legal or not.   

Also, if a LEO has probable cause he is not confiscating anything he is going to arrest you while seizing the item and let the DA figure it out.

Two posts and the second one is about FAL clones.  Smh.

:popcorn:

That's been your lucky experience. Myself and another member here were aggressively approached about our rifles by the Fudds at a range at which point we fully expected to have SWAT roll up on us as threats of calling the police were made. We ended up having to head it off at the pass by involving range officials. There are MANY people that share the sentiments of tagonagy. I have personally conversed with many in the shooting community with these concerns. Cases in this state of moms being arrested over paintball guns because, you know, possession of a "pistol" without a permit, don't exactly leave confidence for all police interactions. So perhaps your sphere of experience, despite its duration, is not as encompassing as you might think.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shane45 said:

That's been your lucky experience. Myself and another member here were aggressively approached about our rifles by the Fudds at a range at which point we fully expected to have SWAT roll up on us as threats of calling the police were made. We ended up having to head it off at the pass by involving range officials. There are MANY people that share the sentiments of tagonagy. I have personally conversed with many in the shooting community with these concerns. Cases in this state of moms being arrested over paintball guns because, you know, possession of a "pistol" without a permit, don't exactly leave confidence for all police interactions. So perhaps your sphere of experience, despite its duration, is not as encompassing as you might think.

Granted I may have been fortunate and I've never seen it - what range? 

8 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I am calling total bullshit and troll -

I have been shooting in NJ for the Beyer part of 24 years not once ever did anyone ask me at all if a rifle I had was legal or not.   

Also, if a LEO has probable cause he is not confiscating anything he is going to arrest you while seizing the item and let the DA figure it out.

Two posts and the second one is about FAL clones.  Smh.

:popcorn:

I've been called an Ogre a few times....

In all seriousness, FAL's and FAL types are on the NJ banned list.  I doubt that many people would differentiate a DSA SA-58 from an FN FAL, and they're not a common rife in these parts as opposed to NJ legal AR's and AK's.

I've been called an Ogre a few times....
In all seriousness, FAL's and FAL types are on the NJ banned list.  I doubt that many people would differentiate a DSA SA-58 from an FN FAL, and they're not a common rife in these parts as opposed to NJ legal AR's and AK's.
Yes if it says the word FAL or one of the other rifles banned by name. Otherwise go to stupid "evil feature" list.

Now I am kicking myself for not buying a G1 a couple years ago from a guy in Nevada. Over $100 I passed on a forum. He wanted $1,000 shipped I wanted to pay $900 shipped. He sold it on gunbroker for $1,200 shipped. I haven't looked too hard for another one, but I will now. I would rather have a G1 than a G3. I guess because it is older and less common.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

Yes if it says the word FAL or one of the other rifles banned by name. Otherwise go to stupid "evil feature" list.

Now I am kicking myself for not buying a G1 a couple years ago from a guy in Nevada. Over $100 I passed on a forum. He wanted $1,000 shipped I wanted to pay $900 shipped. He sold it on gunbroker for $1,200 shipped. I haven't looked too hard for another one, but I will now. I would rather have a G1 than a G3. I guess because it is older and less common.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

G1s rifles these days are a rare find, especially with an original barrel.

You may have better luck buying a kit (anything north of $700 without barrel), a receiver ( Coonan still sell G1 marked receivers and offers custom serial to match your kit, but they will stop at year end),  an Argentine lugged barrel (The original FN which were on the G1s are $350+) , and finally asking a good builder to assembly and finish the rifle for you (unless you want to do it yourself). The whole thing will cost you $1500 plus - but will really be worth it.

G1s rifles these days are a rare find, especially with an original barrel.
You may have better luck buying a kit (anything north of $700 without barrel), a receiver ( Coonan still sell G1 marked receivers and offers custom serial to match your kit, but they will stop at year end),  an Argentine lugged barrel (The original FN which were on the G1s are $350+) , and finally asking a good builder to assembly and finish the rifle for you (unless you want to do it yourself). The whole thing will cost you $1500 plus - but will really be worth it.

So squabbling over $100 wasn't a great idea.