Indianajonze

Well Folks, This Is It

539 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, capt14k said:

I don't think there is good BBQ in the whole state. I saw a place that looked promising in South Jersey on 206 but it was closed by the time the tournament ended. Near Hammonton.

Good Pizza I have only had at Ultimate California Pizza in Myrtle Beach. Nothing to do with that nasty California Pizza Chain. Was only good because of the creations. I lived there almost 20 years ago for a year and I think I tried every pizza place in Myrtle Beach. The rest all sucked. Papa John's was the delivery pizza. Most annoying thing was seeing NY Style Pizza advertised and watching them put the dough in a pan.

The reason pizza, bagels, bread and rolls are terrible elsewhere is because of the water. Sinatra used to have the dough and sauce flown from NY to CA.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If you are talking Kingfish BBQ, that place is pretty good.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g46816-d3392978-Reviews-CHristine_s_House_of_Kingfish-Shamong_New_Jersey.html

4 hours ago, 10X said:

There is good pizza elsewhere.   Good bagels, maybe not so much.  But you can't find really good BBQ or Mexican food back here (at least I haven't).

You haven't had mine yet.  You like it dry or wet, tomato or vinegar based?  Weather cooled off, time to fire up the smoker.

All this hate on our new Governor-elect. But I can bet 15 to 20 percent of our members here voted for him OR didn't vote at all, which is basically the same thing. 

6 people like this

All this hate on our new Governor-elect. But I can bet 15 to 20 percent of our members here voted for him OR didn't vote at all, which is basically the same thing. 
I think your numbers are way low. I'm going to say 20% voted for him and 30% didn't vote.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

I think your numbers are way low. I'm going to say 20% voted for him and 30% didn't vote.

Agree.

If anyone saw the debate when a young black Man had a question and His mike didn't work, Kim stepped right up and offered him, hers!

It happened to be clipped to her jacket. He was asked to speaking it, which he did. The whole time pointing his eyes to the ceiling, as she pointed out her husband was in the front row!

I was Classic and for that alone she deserved EVERY mans Vote!

Did anyone see that, besides me?

Agree.
If anyone saw the debate when a young black Man had a question and His mike didn't work, Kim stepped right up and offered him, hers!
It happened to be clipped to her jacket. He was asked to speaking it, which he did. The whole time pointing his eyes to the ceiling, as she pointed out her husband was in the front row!

I was Classic and for that alone she deserved EVERY mans Vote!

Did anyone see that, besides me?

I saw it. My favorite part was later when Murphy asked “what did he say?” and she replied “he said answer the question”. Lmao
1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

I saw it. My favorite part was later when Murphy asked “what did he say?” and she replied “he said answer the question”. Lmao

had i been a fence sitter, that alone woulda got her my vote, lolol.

but.....i wasn't a fence sitter, so i was voting against the dickhead either way

2 people like this

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

had i been a fence sitter, that alone woulda got her my vote, lolol.

but.....i wasn't a fence sitter, so i was voting against the dickhead either way

That in fact is exactly what happened to my wife.  She was pretty sure she was voting for Kim, but at that moment she said, that's it, she's got my vote.

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

Ya know - gotta have that weed !

:facepalm:

6 minutes ago, mossburger said:

Not to mention this is the second NJ Dem in a row that's come straight from the board room of Goldman Sachs to the governor's office. I wonder how they justify having a banking executive as the candidate for the "little guy" to their voter base? Doesn't matter I guess.

Not one iota.  All they have to promise is to tax the "rich" and make the economy more "fair" and they'll get the vote.

1 person likes this

On 11/11/2017 at 10:08 AM, T Bill said:

Not going to happen, the rest of the states are done with funding the coasts.  

Uhm.. you need to look at the list of donor states. It doesn't break out by coast or not. NJ is a donor state. South Carolina is the biggest taker state at over $7 back for every $1 in taxes. California is a donor, Florida is a huge taker, etc. 

4 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

Uhm.. you need to look at the list of donor states. It doesn't break out by coast or not. NJ is a donor state. South Carolina is the biggest taker state at over $7 back for every $1 in taxes. California is a donor, Florida is a huge taker, etc. 

N.J. is a donor state because nobody retires here. Medicare and Social Security and Pensions go elsewhere..

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Simple solution you get 50% of you state pension if you leave.

No, they earned it living here. Make it affordable so they can stay.

we do not have a revenue problem in this state. More $ per sq/ mile then any state in the union 

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, Zeke said:

No, they earned it living here. Make it affordable so they can stay.

we do not have a revenue problem in this state. More $ per sq/ mile then any state in the union 

Exactly, stop punishing people even if they leave, instead, entice them to stay.

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, Zeke said:

N.J. is a donor state because nobody retires here. Medicare and Social Security and Pensions go elsewhere..

OK, lets fact check that... ooh look, SSA puts the SSDI numbers under SSI and the SSI numbers under SSDI, and unlik SSDI don't give you actual nbumbers, but total populations and percentage on benefits. How competent and honest.  

California, least donory donor, 5.8 million on SSI.  South Carolina, biggest taker state, 1 million. Florida 4.5 million. New jersey, 1.6 million. North Dakota is #2 taker state 128k on SSI. Delaware, most donory state, 201k on SSI. Hawaii is a big taker, 261k. TExas is an upper third taker, they aren't retiree heavy as their SSI percent is 14.4 and only Alaska and utah are lower. TX is a bit lower than CA's 14.7% as well. But total, 4 million. 

Nope, not retirees, maybe money? 

But NJ does have a GDP of about 450 billion while SC has a GDP of about 125 billion. a bit ore than 1/4 the GDP, for half the population. ND GDP 27.2 billion.  Delaware GDP is 60.2 billion. Texas GDP is 1.3 trillion. CA GDP is 2.448 trillion. 

Nope, not money you have high GDP takers and donors and low GDP takers and donors. 

Income? 

median houshold income FL = $49k, SC = $47k, TX = $55.6k  HI = $73.5k. DE = $61.2k, CA = $64.5k,  NJ = $72.2k. 

Kind of a pattern, lets adjust by COL index. 

HI = 39, FL = 43.16 SC = 46.2k

DE =  59k, CA = 45.9k, NJ = 59k. 

Nope, that isn't it. 

Howabout congress critters?

Nope. At least not by numbers. I just always assumed that ours were shitty and ineffectual, and possibly generally assholes and disliked by their peers as much as I find them distasteful. Or they are jsut there to line their own pockets and could give a shit about representing their voters. 

There's really no simple answer for which states wind up givers or takers, other than if you have low income and low GDP, there isn't anything to tax so your not going to be a donor state. 

It isn't just retirees. We don't see shit comparatively for federal highway funds, nor for education dollars if you discount pell grants (we have a lot of colleges). 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, raz-0 said:

OK, lets fact check that... ooh look, SSA puts the SSDI numbers under SSI and the SSI numbers under SSDI, and unlik SSDI don't give you actual nbumbers, but total populations and percentage on benefits. How competent and honest.  

California, least donory donor, 5.8 million on SSI.  South Carolina, biggest taker state, 1 million. Florida 4.5 million. New jersey, 1.6 million. North Dakota is #2 taker state 128k on SSI. Delaware, most donory state, 201k on SSI. Hawaii is a big taker, 261k. TExas is an upper third taker, they aren't retiree heavy as their SSI percent is 14.4 and only Alaska and utah are lower. TX is a bit lower than CA's 14.7% as well. But total, 4 million. 

But NJ does have a GDP of about 450 billion while SC has a GDP of about 125 billion. a bit ore than 1/4 the GDP, for half the population. ND GDP 27.2 billion.  Delaware GDP is 60.2 billion. Texas GDP is 1.3 trillion. CA GDP is 2.448 trillion. 

Nope, not money you have high GDP takers and donors and low GDP takers and donors. 

Income? 

median houshold income FL = $49k, SC = $47k, TX = $55.6k  HI = $73.5k. DE = $61.2k, CA = $64.5k,  NJ = $72.2k. 

Nope, that isn't it. 

Nope. At least not by numbers. I just always assumed that ours were shitty and ineffectual, and possibly generally assholes and disliked by their peers as much as I find them distasteful. Or they are jsut there to line their own pockets and could give a shit about representing their voters. 

There's really no simple answer for which states wind up givers or takers, other than if you have low income and low GDP, there isn't anything to tax so your not going to be a donor state. 

It isn't just retirees. We don't see shit comparatively for federal highway funds, nor for education dollars if you discount pell grants (we have a lot of colleges). 

Can you look at Military spending?

I would assume that is huge.

1 hour ago, raz-0 said:

Income? 

Nope, that isn't it. 

You also need to count BLM( bureau of land management.) and National parks.

To be fair...

I looked for military spending, but numbers aren’t really there. Closest I could readily find was number of bases per state. Which was also all over the place. As was people on SNAP. Also electoral votes. 

Farm dubsidies might be worth looking at.  

1 person likes this

This memo just in from Alex @ NJ2A:

Rising from the Ashes of Murphy's Victory

Posted by Alexander Roubian 472sc on November 17, 2017 · Add your reaction

Phil Murphy will be the next governor of New Jersey, and like others within the second amendment community, I’ve thought hard about what went wrong for our preferred candidates and have consulted with a diverse group of Second Amendment activists for how best to move forward following Murphy’s devastating victory. Simply put, we don’t have time to pity ourselves, and the New Jersey Second Amendment Society is already formulating new political strategies and developing citizen action plans to counter the Murphy Administration. For those ready to get involved and help fight back, the following is our framework moving forward, and we’d love to hear your ideas and feedback:

First - This is not a sprint, and barring any unforeseen changes, we’ve got four years of battles ahead of us - two of which will definitely include a supermajority for Democrats in the state legislature. Not only do we need all hands on deck, but it’s important we aren’t easily discouraged or wasting energy bickering instead of focusing on spreading our message.

Second - All the money in the world won’t stop the Murphy-Bloomberg-Soros campaign to strip us of our second amendment rights, but we - - yes, you and I - can stop their tyrannical legislative agenda in New Jersey with something money cannot buy: passion! This is a call to action - knock on doors, call your elected officials, speak out at public meetings - whatever it takes before it’s too late. And while we at NJ2AS understand our hard-working supporters have busy schedules - especially during the holiday season - everyone putting in just 3-5 hours a week can make a gigantic difference.

Third - I would like to emphasize that Phil Murphy and his cronies in the legislature are not dictators, despite their wishes. We can and will fight back against any attacks on the Second Amendment. As our members already know, we have been successful with getting pro-second amendment legislation sponsored on the federal level and have achieved legal victories against the state like no other New Jersey organization.

Finally, if you’re ready to stand up and fight for your rights, please join, renew, or donate and unite with us to defend the second amendment against our most dangerous enemy yet - Phil Murphy.

1 person likes this