csap32

Any info would be much appreciated

Budget? USPSA division?

Do you prefer striker fired or Hammer fired? DA/SA or SAO? 

What other handguns do you like? 

Absent more info about what you're looking for, the best advice I can give you is this:

https://np.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/118keg/this_is_a_list_of_the_guns_you_should_get_no_no/

Edited by Cecil Harvey
Added more explanation

Budget? USPSA division?
Do you prefer striker fired or Hammer fired? DA/SA or SAO? 
What other handguns do you like? 
Absent more info about what you're looking for, the best advice I can give you is this:
https://np.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/118keg/this_is_a_list_of_the_guns_you_should_get_no_no/
I was looking at the hkvp9 sig 226. Striker seems to be much easier than sa/da

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just now, csap32 said:

I have 2 1911 so there not my choice for competition

Funny, 1911s are perfectly suited for competition.  Okay, then find the 9mm that you need for self preservation and use that one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, csap32 said:

I have 2 1911 so there not my choice for competition

Funny, you're doing it the reverse of what most people do. 1911 or similar SAO for competition, simple polymer double stack striker fire for defense.

If you've got 1911's you like, shoot a 1911. Get a competition belt and holster, shoot USPSA Limited 10 Major.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

I didn’t like Glocks when I started shooting. Then I shot a Glock 35. I’ve been a Glock fan ever since.

And I know you say you don’t like Glocks, but I recommend a Glock 34 or 35.

Hey, we got @Jon and now @Zeke lusting after Glocks. 

It’s not Lust!! 

4 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

I didn’t like Glocks when I started shooting. Then I shot a Glock 35. I’ve been a Glock fan ever since.

I'm exactly the opposite. When I first started shooting, I shot a 1911, a Glock 17, and a Sig P226. I couldn't get the hang of the 1911 grip (I know I'm wierd -- 1911's don't fit well in my hand, and I often fail to engage the safety, with the exception of Ed Brown bob tail's), I couldn't get the hang of separate double/single pulls of the sig, but the Glock was easy for me to shoot. So I was all about the modern polymer striker fire guns.

Until I tried a CZ-75. That was just perfect in my hand. And my love of DA/SA all metal guns began.

I wound up getting an SAO Tanfoglio Witness in .45, because the 9mm was 17 rounds. The offered a 10 round option, but the .45 is 10 rounds as well, and I really preferred the way .45 recoils in a heavy, steel frame gun better than 9mm.

Every semi-auto that I really want now is patterened after the CZ. I'd love a Jerico 941, a CZ-75BD, one of the RAMI sub-compacts, some of the larger Tanfo guns, a Sphinx, etc. I'd also like a Beretta 92G at some point as well -- those are neat. And yeah, I have a S&W Shield that I carry whenever I leave the state, but that gun has no soul.

I'm exactly the opposite. When I first started shooting, I shot a 1911, a Glock 17, and a Sig P226. I couldn't get the hang of the 1911 grip (I know I'm wierd -- 1911's don't fit well in my hand, and I often fail to engage the safety, with the exception of Ed Brown bob tail's), I couldn't get the hang of separate double/single pulls of the sig, but the Glock was easy for me to shoot. So I was all about the modern polymer striker fire guns.
Until I tried a CZ-75. That was just perfect in my hand. And my love of DA/SA all metal guns began.
I wound up getting an SAO Tanfoglio Witness in .45, because the 9mm was 17 rounds. The offered a 10 round option, but the .45 is 10 rounds as well, and I really preferred the way .45 recoils in a heavy, steel frame gun better than 9mm.
Every semi-auto that I really want now is patterened after the CZ. I'd love a Jerico 941, a CZ-75BD, one of the RAMI sub-compacts, some of the larger Tanfo guns, a Sphinx, etc. I'd also like a Beretta 92G at some point as well -- those are neat. And yeah, I have a S&W Shield that I carry whenever I leave the state, but that gun has no soul.
I was looking at the cz. All I kept seeing is over 15 mags nothing 15 or less

17 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

And I know you say you don’t like Glocks, but I recommend a Glock 34 or 35.

Hey, we got @Jon and now @Zeke lusting after Glocks. 

Don't tag me with that lust crap! I only carry/shoot Glocks because I'm not the guy making decisions about duty guns... Yet. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, csap32 said:

I was looking at the cz. All I kept seeing is over 15 mags nothing 15 or less

You can get CZ's with 10 round mags. Nothing in 15 though, typically, unless you want to have them pinned by a smith. 

You could always get a CZ or Tanfo in .45 like I did. Double-stack mags are 10 rounds regardless. 

You can get CZ's with 10 round mags. Nothing in 15 though, typically, unless you want to have them pinned by a smith. 
You could always get a CZ or Tanfo in .45 like I did. Double-stack mags are 10 rounds regardless. 
Which cz is good

Cz75 or CZ75 SP01 can use 15 round mags from Pro-mag or they make stock ones but they are pretty expensive. I think the stock ones are Mec-Gar but I may be wrong on that...

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/category/parts-and-accessories/magazines/cz/75-85/9mm-magazines.do

Look around though, I’ve seen them cheaper then this... 

Buy a new one with 10 rounders and use one of those for your Barney round... I have been thinking about IDPA for a couple of years now but haven’t decided if I want to put in the time to get good at it. I suspect since you like the P226 you should like the SP01 tactical. It has the decocker. Mine has the safety so I can use it cocked and locked or drop the hammer manually.

BTW the CZ actually has a middle hammer position that shortens the DA when you use the decocker. It doesn’t drop the hammer all the way so your first shot the hammer is about a third of the way back. Shortens the trigger pull up a little more then the sig which drops the hammer all the way. 

-Jim

I messed around with the new CZ striker fired gun the P10C the other day. Man, it is nice. I got to dry fire the CZ, and PPQ, a VP9, my Glock 19, a Sig320, and an XD.

I want a P10C now desperately. The gun felt amazing and the trigger was the best of the lot. The only hangup for me right now is the lack of duty type holsters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csap32 said:

Which cz is good

All of the steel-framed ones. The polymer framed ones might be as well, I just haven't tried them.

You still haven't mentioned your preferences, what USPSA division you want to shoot, or budget. I can't make recommendations based on "which one is good"

All of the steel-framed ones. The polymer framed ones might be as well, I just haven't tried them.
You still haven't mentioned your preferences, what USPSA division you want to shoot, or budget. I can't make recommendations based on "which one is good"
Not sure yet I did production limited. About 1200

33 minutes ago, csap32 said:

Not sure yet I did production limited. About 1200

If you want to do USPSA production and IDPA SSP, I'd consider something basic. like a CZ-75B or CZ-75 SP01.

If you want to go a little higher end, you could go with the SP-01 Shadow II.

Whether or not you want to go with one of the models with the Omega trigger is personal taste. The real advantage is it's a simplified trigger mechanism that's easier to service. I don't like it as much as their more traditional trigger, but that's just preference.

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

I messed around with the new CZ striker fired gun the P10C the other day. Man, it is nice. I got to dry fire the CZ, and PPQ, a VP9, my Glock 19, a Sig320, and an XD.

I want a P10C now desperately. The gun felt amazing and the trigger was the best of the lot. The only hangup for me right now is the lack of duty type holsters.

Little holster surprise