Ray Ray

The eagle has landed

21 hours ago, tony357 said:

They are probably there more than you think they just go unnoticed.. especially this time of year a large number of them migrate south.

When I lived there not so long ago, I would see at least several eagles every year. Funny how the lady in the article is calling it a "once-in-a-lifetime event".

• Like 2

If anyone is interested this is a link to a live Eagle nest in Florida. My kids and I watched the eagles just about every night from the time they laid eggs to the eggs hatching, feeding, till the hatchlings grew and left the nest. It was fun watching them grow from a newly hatched to full size over a few months.

http://www.dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

Not here in Mercer County.  We've seen a TON of them in the last few years.

While I was in the gaurd I was in Alaska on TAD and I saw one.  I said WOW, everyone said what is it?  I said a Bald Eagle, they said so what.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

While I was in the gaurd I was in Alaska on TAD and I saw one.  I said WOW, everyone said what is it?  I said a Bald Eagle, they said so what.  

Yeah, it’s not as big a thrill now, but still very cool.  I had one show me up during a fishing day once.  He caught one, I caught none.

• Like 1

We have a nest near me in Bridgewater on Duke Farms by the river. I was fishing the confluence one day and she (or he) flew right over my head. Kinda scared me it was so low and SO large! 

Heres a link to the YouTube site thats hosting it now. They've been using this nest for a few years but didn't show up last year. A few years ago the camera was on when a Red Tail Hawk landed in the nest with the chicks there. It must have had a death wish because the mother eagle zoomed in and tore that hawk up and fed it to the chicks. Hope they come back this year.