3 posts in this topic
New Jersey Arms Collectors Club - Meeting Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017. Doors open at 7:00 PM
Presentation: – WW-II German Uniforms - A Collectors Guide to Detecting Original, Restored and Reproductions
by Mike K.
On Display: European Semi-Auto Long Arms, German Field Gear
Web Site: http://www.njacc.info
Directions: Garden State Parkway to exit 138 (Kenilworth). Make a left and go three lights on Kenilworth Boulevard to 21st Street South. Make a left. Veterans' Center is about 100 yards on the right, parking on the left. Alternate: Route 24 East to Exit 9B onto Morris Avenue East to Union. Right on Meisel Avenue straight to Boulevard in Kenilworth, then right onto 21st Street South at the light.
Historical Winter Firearms Marksmanship Contest - Jan. 20, 2018 at Cherry Ridge Range, Highland Lakes, NJ
Lenin, Stalin, Mao and Kim II Sung are all gone. Castro is on his way out. The Cold War is over and former Communist Block countries are moving from Marx to Master Card. Many Comblock weapons have found their way into the free world as captured trophies while others have been shipped here, as those once enslaved by Communism have found that Capitalism can be rewarding.
The Shongum Sportsmen's Association INVITES NEW OWNERS OF THESE FIREARMS TO COMPETE IN A MARKSMANSHIP CONTEST AS WE CELEBRATE THE
END OF THE EVIL EMPIRE
DATE: SATURDAY OCTOBER 21st,2017 TIME: 9:00 am 'til 1:00 pm (rifles 2:30PM-4 Handgun
LOCATION: Shongum Sportsmen’s Chapel Hill Range 363 Janes Chapel Road, Mansfield (Oxford), NJ 07863-3511
From Center of Hackettstown, take ROUTE 46 WEST. Two Miles west of Rt 517, turn LEFT onto RUSSLING RD (by Best’s Fruit Farm). At end, (1.5 miles) Turn LEFT onto BARKER’S MILL RD (.2 Miles.) Turn RIGHT onto MT BETHEL RD. for 1 mile, Turn RIGHT onto JANE’S CHAPEL ROAD Range approx 1 Mile on RIGHT
GUESTS $30.00* . $20 for Shongum or NRA members or Military or Police
PRIZES: COMBLOC MEDALS OR TROPHIES TO BEST IN CLASS(Awards 2 and 4PM)
ELIGIBLE FIREARMS: CURIOS AND RELICS OF THE PERIOD -Unmodified Soviet guns captured by Finland are OK ORIGINAL IRON SIGHTS ONLY EXCEPT FOR MATCH #6
RIFLE CONTESTS REQUIRE 10 SHOTS AT 100YARDS (284 Arshins) IN 2 MINUTES, EXCEPT #6 WHICH REQUIRES 1 SHOT AT 100 YARDS. Pistols 10 shots one handed Range 50 feet.
LUNCH (1PM-2) INCLUDED WITH ENTRY FEES: POLISH SAUSAGE AND PIEROGI
1. BOLSHEVIK REVOLUTION RIFLE - M 1891 MOSIN or WINCHESTER M95 in 7.62R 2. MOSIN NAGANT RIFLE - COSSACK, DRAGOON, 91/30,
3. TOKAREV RIFLE - ANY TOKAREV SVT RIFLE M 1938, M 1940
4. SIMONOV CARBINE - ANY SKS W / O DETACHABLE BOX MAGAZINE
5. COMBLOC CARBINE - ANY MOSIN NAGANT CARBINE (M38, M44, TYPE 53) CUT DOWN RIFLE (91 / 30 / 58) or CZECH 91/38
6. MARXIST SNIPER - DRAGUNOV, PSL, MOSIN OR TOKAREV w/SCOPE
7. KALISHNIKOV - MAK 90,SAR AND OTHER NJ LEGAL "AK Style"
8. YOUNG PIONEER INSTRUCTOR- ANY COMBLOC .22 CAL MILITARY TRAINER
9. YOUNG PIONEER (under 18) SKS OR .22 TRAINER
10. LYUDMILA PAVLICHENKO FOR FEMALE WITH THE HIGHEST RIFLE SCORE
11. BOLSHEVIK PISTOL NAGANT REVOLVER,BOLO M96 in 30 Mauser.
12. SECRET POLICE ANY COMBLOC AUTO in 9mm MAKAROV or 7.62P
13. GRENADA CZECH VZ52,52/57) or VZ58 semi auto rifle(jersey legal)
Chairman of the Shooting Directorate Stanislaus Gurski 732-388-1202 or GurskiLTC@aol.com
All gun owners with a sense of humor in the People’s Republic of New Jersey invited to bring their comrades
In commemoration of the 100th Anniversary of US entry and in honor of the men and women who served so valiantly to preserve our freedom in the “WAR TO END ALL WARS”
The New Jersey Arms Collectors Club, Inc.
Invites you to participate in our
Armistace Day Vintage Firearms Shoot
Compete with your WWI Era Rifles and Pistol
(If you have a WWI firearm not listed contact GurskiLTC@aol for approval to compete with ,new category can be created)
WWI Re-Enactors are encouraged to participate in uniform($10 off fee, Helmets optional
SATURDAY November 11 , 2017
LOCATION: ANJRPC Cherry Ridge Range,100 Range Road, Highland Lakes, NJ 07422 ( 4 miles north of RT 23 off Canistear Road)
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM (Sight-in: 9:00 AM)for rifles. Lunch break 1-2, 2-4 Handguns
$30.00* for Complete Series or $10.00 per Event.
$20.00 for Complete Series or $5.00 per Event. For NJACC members and re-enactors in uniform
*Note: Price Differential Members/Non Members is applicable towards NJACC Membership Dues.
Includes Hot Dogs, Liberty Cabbage, Pork & Beans and Soda Lunch
PRIZES: Trophy to the Best in Each Class PLUS best Female(MILUNKA SAVIC AWARD) and best Youngster(under 18). Rifle awards at 2:15.Pistol awards at 4:15
Firearms must have Original Military Iron Sights, Ask for waiver or clarification prior to event .Post war firearms true to the design used in WWI can be approved.(Example Czech 98/ 22, Polish Kbk ,Remington 03(not A3))
Contests are 10 Shots in 2 Minutes. Rifle at 50 Yards, Pistol at 50 feet, Small pistol 20 feet. Modified trench parapet position( Bench with forward support is OK) for rifle. Single hand for handguns firing. Two hands for stocked pistol event.
1. DOUGHBOY US Enfield Model 1917
2. BELLEAU WOOD 1903 Springfield, open sights, straight stock (no A1 or A3)
3. GALLIPOLI Enfield, Mk III, 7.65 Mauser, Turk 93,03
4. FLANDER FIELDS Canadian Ross,P-14
5. VITTORIO VENETO Italian 1891 rifle or any Italian WWI longarm, M95 Mannlicher
6. NORTH RUSSIA INTERVENTION Mosin 1891 Long Infantry Rifle ,Winchester 95 Russian musket
7. VERDUN (or Harlem Hellfighters) French Lebel, Bertier rifles in 8mm
8. IMPERIAL GERMAN INFANTRY Gew 88, 88/05,Gew 98, Kar98.
9. ARAB REVOLT JapType 30,35,38 rifles, Martini-Enfield 303.Lee-Metford
10. BALKAN FRONT Any Greek, Bulgarian, Serbian rifle not listed above and used in WWI.
11. GREAT WAR CARBINE Winchester 07, Marlin 94, Remington 8, or military carbine
12. RIFLE WITH BAYONET Any of the above with a original issue bayonet
. 13. CENTRAL POWERS PISTOL P08 (not artillery model), C96, Steyr M12
14. ALLIED REVOLVER Webley, Colt or S&W in .45 ACP,45 LC, or .455,38L Colt NAN, Nagant 95, Lebel 92,,Italian Bodeo
15. ALLIED AUTO 1911 in .45 or .455 (No A1 Variants), Webley auto 455 Glisenti 1910, Type A Nambu
16. STOCKED PISTOL Artillery Luger or Broomhandle Mauser (stock optional) (7.63 or 9mm Luger). Stocked Webley revolver
17. SMALL PISTOL Browning 1900, 1903, 1910(Princip’s gun), Mauser 1914, Ruby Type, Colt 1903,1908, Walter #4,Savage 1907
18. TRENCH SNIPER SPECIAL EVENT FOR ORIGINAL WWI SNIPER RIFLES
(Contact GurskiLTC@aol.com for details)
In celebration of the 72tnd Anniversary of the Defeat of the Japanese Imperial Forces
Shongum Sportsmen's Association
Invites you to participate in the V. J. Day
Saturday August 26th , 2017
Registration 9AM, Rifle Contest till 1PM, Lunch 1PM, Pistols 2-4pm
Compete with your WWII Era Pacific Theater Rifles and Pistols
WWII Re-Enactors are encouraged to participate in uniform
Shongum Sportsmen’s Chapel Hill Range
363 Janes Chapel Road, Mansfield(Oxford), NJ 07863-3511
From Center of Hackettstown, take ROUTE 46 WEST. Two Miles west of Rt 517, turn LEFT onto RUSSLING RD (by Best’s Fruit Farm). At end, (1.5 miles) Turn LEFT onto BARKER’S MILL RD (.2 Miles.) Turn RIGHT onto MT BETHEL RD. for 1 mile,
Turn RIGHT onto JANES CHAPEL ROAD Range approx 1 Mile on RIGHT
$30.00* for Guests (Extra targets $1 each). Family/significant others: $60 for two benches and up to 6 competitors.10 targets per shooter
Includes Rice Cakes, Hot Dogs, Liberty Cabbage, Pork & Beans and Soft Drinks Lunch
PRIZES: Trophy to the Best in Each Class
FIREARMS: Curios and Relics of the WWII Pacific Theater
(Original Stocks and Sights)
TOKYO ROSE TROPHY: For Best Female Score. Douglas MacArthur Award: Best score for person under 18
RIFLE CONTESTS REQUIRE 10 SHOTS EACH @ 100 YARDS – FIRING POSITION OPTIONAL Except #10, #11
1. MANCHURIA- JAPANESE TYPE-30,38 MOD 98 MAUSER, GERMAN MOD 88/05 or CHINESE HANYANG
2. GUADALCANAL ’03,03A1 SPRINGFIELD, Johnson 1941, ANY 6.5 JAPANESETYPE 38 or TYPE I(Italian)
3. BATAAN US M1917 ENFIELD, ANY JAPANESE 6.5 OR 7.7MM Long RIFLE
4. OKINAWA ‘03A3, M-1 GARAND, ANY JAPANESE 6.5 OR 7.7MM SERVICE RIFLE or CARBINE
5. BURMA TYPE-38 OR TYPE 44 JAPANESE CARBINE, #5 ENFIELD JUNGLE CARBINE
6. MANDALAY- ANY JAPANESE SERVICE RIFLE,BRITISH #3 SMLE OR #4 ENFIELD
7. PACIFIC SNIPER TYPE-97 OR TYPE-99 WITH ORIGINAL SCOPE, ‘03A4, 1942 USMC, M1C-SNIPER, #1 MK-IV(T) (1 SHOT – 100 YARDS)
8. KHALKHIN GOL SVT, MOSIN NAGANT, ANY JAPANESE 6.5MM SERVICE RIFLE
9. MARINE RAIDER Thompson/Reising Carbine (Target will be full size silhouette)
10. GUNG HO M1,1911 , 24 shots 30 cal, 7 shots 45, Prone, kneeling and offhand. 100,75,50,25 yds
11. TENNOUHEIKA BANZAI Jap rifle with bayonet attached, off hand (Target will be full size silhouette)
12. EDSON'S RIDGE Semi Auto Browning BAR,1917 or 1919.
13. PHILLIPINE SCOUT M1 with affixed 1905 bayonet,wearing a M1917 helmet (Khakis optional) 16 rounds in 2 min
HANDGUN CONTESTS REQUIRE 12 SHOTS EACH @ 50 feet – STANDING ONE-HAND
14. SAMURAI TROPHY ANY JAPANESE SERVICE PISTOL OR REVOLVER TYPE : 26, 14, 94, Nambu
15. VICTORY OVER JAPAN ANY WWII ALLIED FORCES SERVICE PISTOL, 1911, 1911A1, TOKAREV, BROWNING HP, C96, COLT, S&W, WEBLEY, ENFIELD, NAGANT
TRENCH/RIOT GUN AND PISTOL COMBINATION SNIPER ELIMINATION EVENT (5 12 GA 00B, 6 pistol)
16. PALM TREE CLEARANCE 12 GA Shotgun 20 inch barrel and GI Handgun 45 or 38 SPL ( 25 yards) (No Federal FliteControl OO)
OPEN TO PUBLIC
SHOOT CHAIRMAN STAN GURSKI – GurskiLTC@aol.com 732-388-1202
I have a question here that last time I see it mentioned here was 2011, and wanted to make sure it holds true today. I am looking for a concealed carry ammo, I live in NJ but will be carrying while out of state. I am looking at the hornady critical defense/duty ammo for my carry weapon, and wanted to see if anyone has any recent information on its legality in NJ and beyond. The kid at the store was going to sell me hallow points and thought because they sold them, they are legal to carry, I know this is not true. Any advice would be appreciated. I know you can get in quite a bit of trouble in NJ transporting the incorrect ammo if you are not using it for hunting/range etc..
No registered users viewing this page.