Howard

Magazine capacity IDEA

8 hours ago, capt14k said:

Can someone remind me why there was the effort to go after Sweeney by NJ2AS? IIRC it was a stupid comment he made in regard to Carol Browne. However he actually tabled magazine limit and other Anti bills more than once.

Yes Sweeney went full on Anti after Sandy Hook and I'm guessing that was because of his desire to be governor. However in hindsight it was not a very good idea to go after one one of the few Dems ever rated A by the NRA. I think NJ2AS needs to close the doors and we can help do that by refusing to send them any money. What have they ever really accomplished?

I'm all for the Hail Mary ANJRPC is going to try with Sweeney as long as it does not include any compromise. We have already given up enough. Appeal to his sense of right and wrong and how he used to feel in regard to the Second Amendment.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The problem with a Democrat NJ politician getting an A rating from the NRA is it's the equivalent of a participation trophy.

I hunt and I own a shotgun is good enough to get the A rating. The bar is very low.

I would venture to guess that the ratings are given out by the NJ NRA representatives ie ANJRPC. The same group who backed Christie in the primaries for his strong 2nd amendment record.

The problem with a Democrat NJ politician getting an A rating from the NRA is it's the equivalent of a participation trophy.
I hunt and I own a shotgun is good enough to get the A rating. The bar is very low.
I would venture to guess that the ratings are given out by the NJ NRA representatives ie ANJRPC. The same group who backed Christie in the primaries for his strong 2nd amendment record.
That definitely could be true. I didn't even believe it ever happened. I was even more shocked that Sweeney at one time promised no new restrictive firearms legislation would make it to the Senate Floor.

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

There must be some confusion here! Robert Viden Jr. is the owner of the gun shop, he is a FUDD, vehemently anti CCW, Though he has a carry permit). He is a pro Sweeney NRA official with ANJRPC. We never discussed Sr. and Jr., being elderly himself, I doubt Sr. is still living.

I have done business with him personally and spent thousands of dollars in his shop. He is a nice enough guy but I now know the truth and would NEVER again give him or his shop one penny of my hard earned money! Even if his shop was the only one in Jersey!

sr is there every time i go there. unless he's on vacation.

Whether it is Jr, Sr, or III he is an FFL and his values differ from ours. They think our NJ NICS system is great and I'm sure, like almost all the NJ FFL's, they like the compliance money they generate. On top of that they are Anti-CCW. So why exactly is he representing us and our interests?

26 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Whether it is Jr, Sr, or III he is an FFL and his values differ from ours. They think our NJ NICS system is great and I'm sure, like almost all the NJ FFL's, they like the compliance money they generate. On top of that they are Anti-CCW. So why exactly is he representing us and our interests?

Whoa!  First of all, do NOT put all NJ FFLs in the same basket as Viden! Most NJ FFls are PRO CCW, pro gun and hate the NICS system! Viden is a rogue and in no way reflects the beliefs of the other FFLs in this state! 

Why is Viden representing us? AsK Sweeney, NJRPC and the NRA! Let me know when you get an answer!

Whoa!  First of all, do NOT put all NJ FFLs in the same basket as Viden! Most NJ FFls are PRO CCW, pro gun and hate the NICS system! Viden is a rogue and in no way reflects the beliefs of the other FFLs in this state! 
Why is Viden representing us? AsK Sweeney, NJRPC and the NRA! Let me know when you get an answer!

I said almost all. If you were privy to the chat I saw you would feel the same. They are worried about losing their compliance work and going out of business. To me that is not Pro 2A.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't watch the chats. How do all the FFLs in the free states stay in business and yet they have zero compliance work because they have zero restrictions? Know your enemy! His name is MURPHY! He is where our attention must be directed, not our local gun shops!

I don't watch the chats. How do all the FFLs in the free states stay in business and yet they have zero compliance work because they have zero restrictions? Know your enemy! His name is MURPHY! He is where our attention must be directed, not our local gun shops!
Chat wasn't on here. It was an FFL only chat. I couldn't understand either how they do it in other states, but can't here. Their cop out was isn't as much competition elsewhere and there are more buyers. I agree know your enemy. Also don't mistake an enemy as an ally. If you do you will get stabbed in the back.

8 hours ago, capt14k said:

You mean this compliance work - 

1)     Shave off Bayo Lug - 10min

2)     Drill Brake - 5 min

3)     Thread brake on and time/pin - 5 min

4)     Weld Over brake and clean - 10 min

5)     Charging $ 125.00 or more for just labor - priceless

Anti-CCW and he has one - douche.

Of course they *ALL* want the status quo or the upheaval - follow the money.  Where would Bach be if not for the strife in NJ and at the money he earns?

• Like 1

You mean this compliance work -  1)     Shave off Bayo Lug - 10min 2)     Drill Brake - 5 min

Of course they *ALL* want the status quo or the upheaval - follow the money.  Where would Bach be if not for the strife in NJ and at the money he earns?

You are correct. Plus add the $40-100 transfer fee and that great deal you got from Bud's, PSA, etc isn't so great anymore when you are out of pocket an extra $200. They are all for transferring antiques too which is ridiculous being the federal government doesn't consider them firearms.  

I would have saved over $4k in transfer fees if NJ recognized federal C&R License. When you see the dealers are our representatives you understand why NJ doesn't. I'm not even 100% convinced NJ doesn't recognize FFL03 being the law gives exemption to OGAM for C&R License Holders.

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

You mean this compliance work - 

1)     Shave off Bayo Lug - 10min

2)     Drill Brake - 5 min

but no one seems to wanna call him out. or the other one.

54 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

but no one seems to wanna call him out. or the other one.

Once again Follow the money - 

Look eveyone deserves to make aliving eveyone deserves to have a fair share of the proverbial pie - but if it is true - to walk around with a CCW and say - it is good for me but not thee - that is plain wrong.

To sit by an allow and/or work not to try to stymie laws as it might impact your earnings is well - wrong but it is the nature of the beast .

That is why as others have said - having those with a vested financial interest in the outcome of laws/negotiations etc. - that could potentially hurt them - is well - not to bright.

• Like 1

This info is for the ANJRPC Foundation my mistake

ANJRPC Foundation received $47,500 in contributions. They sold $40,000 in goods but those items cost $63,500 so they lost -$23,500 on the sales. There was only $5k in salaries. Spent $2,000 on lawyers and $14,000 on other expenses leaving them with $1,200 excess for the year and $11,000 at the end of the year in the accounts. That was fiscal year ending 2015. Fiscal year ending 2011 there was $38,000 in the accounts. 2012, 2013, 2014 they lost money. Scott Bach is getting a piece of the Foundation but his much bigger piece of the pie is through ANJRPC INC.

NJ2AS I can't even find any 990 filings for. Yet he keeps bragging about the lawsuits he wins. Where are his filings and where is the money going. They are a registered non profit and should have at a minimum a 990EZ filing.

I think the members of this board can be more effective than either if we pool our funds and hire our own lawyers.

The NRA has real money but don't seem to be interested in NJ. SAF is who we should be joining forces with, but not through NJ2AS, but possibly through this forum. Maybe it is just a pipe dream, but it seems better than anything else that has happened.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Well part of the problem is the associations in NJ have little funds and they piss away the little they have. ANJRPC received $47,500 in contributions. They sold $40,000 in goods but those items cost $63,500 so they lost -$23,500 on the sales. Then they took $5,000 in salaries for 1hr a week of work which isn't much. Spent $2,000 on lawyers and $14,000 on other expenses leaving them with a whopping $1,200 excess for the year and $11,000 at the end of the year in the accounts. That was fiscal year ending 2015. Fiscal year ending 2011 there was $38,000 in the accounts. 2012, 2013, 2014 they lost money. How the hell are they going to get anything done?

NJ2AS I can't even find any 990 filings for. Yet he keeps bragging about the lawsuits he wins. Where are his filings and where is the money going. They are a registered non profit and should have at a minimum a 990EZ filing.

I think the members of this board can be more effective than either if we pool our funds and hire our own lawyers.

Does the ANJRPC show the salaries ?

I think I read - hold onto your hat - that Bach garnered over $ 150K.  Let that sink in - 

I do not know what business everyone is in - but in a normal business world - at that salary, you best be able to 'deliver the goods' as they say.

Has the ANJRPC - the NJ Affiliate arm of the NRA - really 'delivered the goods' ?

:popcorn:

Does the ANJRPC show the salaries ?

I think I read - hold onto your hat - that Bach garnered over $ 150K.  Let that sink in - 

I do not know what business everyone is in - but in a normal business world - at that salary, you best be able to 'deliver the goods' as they say.

Has the ANJRPC - the NJ Affiliate arm of the NRA - really 'delivered the goods' ?

:popcorn:

Edit Bach gets a salary of $176,000 from ANJRPC.

3 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Bach gets a salary of $176,000 but I'm guessing that is mostly through the NRA since the ANJRPC only reported salaries of $5,000 in 2015. At first I thought maybe the forms were reported in 1000s, but when comparing to others that doesn't seem to be the case.

Something is missing. Here is the link to ANJRPC 990 from 2011/2012. Unless things went DOWN real fast, this filing shows about 200K+ in salaries and about 1.16 million in revenue. 

http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pdf_archive/221/221911024/221911024_201208_990O.pdf

Something is missing. Here is the link to ANJRPC 990 from 2011/2012. Unless things went DOWN real fast, this filing shows about 200K+ in salaries and about 1.16 million in revenue.   http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pdf_archive/221/221911024/221911024_201208_990O.pdf

My mistake in earlier post. I think I corrected things in the post below. Not sure what the ANJRPC Foundation is that I posted previously.

14 minutes ago, capt14k said:

No it isn't after all. Not sure what the foundation is. I will have to go thriufh this one now.

From the newsletter:

We are a 501(c)(3) org that promotes the shooting sports, competition,firearms education and safety.

ANJRPC Foundation PO Box 85 Glen Rock NJ 07452

Ok for ANJRPC Inc there was $1.55M in assets at the end of 2015.

Most of the revenue came from membership fees. Revenue was $1.2M in 2015. Of which $221k was paid in salaries. Most going to Scott Bach. Then there was $176,000 in management fees (on top of the salary) which also went to Scott Bach through his legal and consulting firm plus another $73k for legal fees and $33k for accounting fees. Then another $110k in other expenses of which Scott Bach is part of as well. Office Expenses $121k of which $112k was management (again Scott Bach is part of). Total expenses were $1.28M in 2015. Leaving a loss of about $80,000 for the year. Only $51,031 was spent on lobbying (not part of above).

So Scott Bach got over $500k in 2015 from ANJRPC. I think I read that right trying to work at same time. Maybe someone else can double check it on propublica.org. If so it explains why nothing gets done in NJ. ANJRPC is a cash cow for Scott Bach.

From the newsletter: We are a 501[emoji767](3) org that promotes the shooting sports, competition,firearms education and safety.

ANJRPC Foundation PO Box 85 Glen Rock NJ 07452

What is the difference between the ANJRPC Foundation and ANJRPC Inc? 

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

Ok the update ANJRPC there is $1.55M in assets. Most of the revenue comes from membership fees which was $1.2M in 2015. Of which $221k was paid in salaries. Most going to Scott Bach.

What is the difference between the ANJRPC Foundation and ANJRPC Inc?

lol, clueless.

5 minutes ago, PK90 said:

What does all of this have to do with magazine capacities?

Something involving an IDEA. Then about fighting for our rights. Then some Bob name came up. Apparently there is a Bob in ANJRPC "officers" list. Then something about how poor ANJRPC is really and then discover poor Bach is almost working for "free" to protect our rights.  Hope I didnt miss any other "somethings". 

• Like 1