jnepier

declared Florida as new domicile

Everything in nj is legal in Florida, just pack it all in your trunk and head down. I used my fid as my target in my first range session. Unless of course you think you will still be buying stuff in nj.  I sold off all my neutered stuff, so I don't have much that is nj legal anymore. Don't forget to get your Florida concealed weapon permit, many locations can process it within an hour.  My first purchase was a G43, the shop helped me pick out an iwb, set it all up, tucked and loaded and out of the door in less than an hour. (I may have left some drool on the displays and my wish list is quite large now)

• Like 2

You have to see the size of the fire I made with all my pink p2p copies.  

Declaring where you live is only meaningful if you spend more days there than in NJ.  Otherwise you still owe the tax man.

5 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

You have to see the size of the fire I made with all my pink p2p copies.  

Declaring where you live is only meaningful if you spend more days there than in NJ.  Otherwise you still owe the tax man.

You'll owe the Taxman *anyway.*  At least for any income you earn in NJ or property you own there. You'll have to file a "NJ Non Resident" return.  

I kept my pink P2P copies. In fact, I still have one unused P2P, originally authorized by my former CLEO (expired now, of course) that I intend to "frame" as a memento of what I went through up there.

10 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

You'll owe the Taxman *anyway.*  At least for any income you earn in NJ or property you own there. You'll have to file a "NJ Non Resident" return.  

I kept my pink P2P copies. In fact, I still have one unused P2P, originally authorized by my former CLEO (expired now, of course) that I intend to "frame" as a memento of what I went through up there.

Yes NJ income will be taxed in N.J.  

Congratulations with the move.  I signed off on my construction plans a month ago.  I just signed off on the elevation a few days ago.  My builder is breaking ground the first week in  December. I'm 53 years old. I got my FID in 1982 and watched our rights go downhill in NJ year after year.  I just got my renewal from Florida for my CWFL. I'm going down to see the builder in a few weeks. I plan to stop off and do my renewal in person.   I plan on doing the duel resident thing until my wife and I retire and sell our Dairy Queen.