Scorpio64

Let's Talk Tires

14 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I'm lucky if my tires last three years. I don't remember where to check, but I found that softer tires (200 something rating) handle better and stop quicker. They don't last as long, but If rather be able to stop quicker. 

For a guy who rides around all day on steel wheels you take this stopping short thing WAAAAAY too seriously.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barms said:

Add me to list of Tirerack plus shipping plus install at local garage was cheaper than Costco.  And not having to sit at Costco while installed is priceless 

Sitting at Costco?  perish the thought.  There are many many things with batteries and cords to investigate in the store.  In fact, I'm down to 20 flashlights, I may need to buy another three pack of CREE LED flashlights.

• Like 1

Good tires may be the difference between almost having an accident, and having an accident. Do not skimp. It scares the hell outta me there are people who drive around on those buy 3 tires for $100 get one free kinda deals...

I would consider the tire road hazard warranty. I have gotten them for every tire I've bought for years, and I've had to use them 3 or 4 times, while only adding $10 or 15 a tire. Besides NJ gun laws that suck, NJ roads are also pretty shitty.

8 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Sitting at Costco?  perish the thought.  There are many many things with batteries and cords to investigate in the store.  In fact, I'm down to 20 flashlights, I may need to buy another three pack of CREE LED flashlights.

Killing time in Costco = buying a barrel of pretzels that will outlast the life of those tires  or buying a 6 pack of those raw hide work gloves that again will last until I’m unable to walk. 

Heres what always gets me in Costco. “Hey check out those battery operated mini hockey puck lights.  I have no idea where the will go but I bet I can find a use for them.  (And I never do)