DirtyDigz

CNJFO 11/13 announcement on pending new gun laws

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Ah, the "why isn't NJ2AS being invited" question arising again! I know Zeke and I have gently squabbled about this issue over text (LOL)... and I'll trust him to come on here and speak for himself (and any others) who disagree with my point of view.

I know some on here admire Roubian's passionate, sometimes very effective, take no prisoners approach. Frankly, I don't know Roubian personally, but from what I've seen, hey...I like some of that too! For instance, I loved that video about the NJ pol who was indicted for stalking. I thought that was GREAT... and even shared it with a bunch of people! But, I've also CRINGED at his lack of self-discipline and "big picture" thinking... because it seems to result in as many or more publicity screw-ups than wins, including the times he turns his aggression on the WRONG people (other pro-2A types) in a very public way. Zeke and others might say, "well, they need to get over it and pull him in".

But here's how I see it - I think the responsibility is with the person who lashed out first. This is all Psych 101 really. If Roubian really thinks the 2A cause is more important than his own ego... then he'll quietly reach out to the other groups, admit he could have handled things better, and offer his support on any joint actions. But, if he's a narcissist who's caught up in getting his own name and face in the press, he'll be unable to do that (regrettably). 

Imagine it this way: you own Small Business "A" in a very niche industry that's under pressure and in danger of disappearing. You work VERY hard to have a thriving small business. You cross paths with another small company, Small Business "B", all the time --- sometimes you even work on the same large projects together as subcontractors and you both have a shared interest in keeping your industry thriving. One day, you find out that Small Business "B"'s owner has trashed your business in the most petty way... and not privately either, but on social media (and suspiciously timed right before an industry conference, perhaps for maximum damage?), and in the press (in a way that damages your whole niche industry). Tell me, honestly... the next time you have an "all hands on deck" situation --- are you going to invite that guy to participate? Or, are you going to think to yourself: "The first time he doesn't like what we're doing, he'll be squawking to every reporter who'll listen...he's going to burn us - and our industry - again."  As I see it, the problem is... Roubian has burned people... he's the "hot stove" that many of the other 2A types simply don't want to touch. I'm not sure I can blame them.

Could I levy criticism elsewhere too? Of course! Do we need MORE aggression from these other 2A groups - yeah, we do. Hopefully they'll step up quickly and if they don't their leadership should be tossed and replaced. But that doesn't negate the criticism again Roubian.

Put another way, I have limited funds - I can't afford to put them on a horse (no matter how talented) who's liable to start a fight in the middle of the track during the damn race. :facepalm:

you takin' wall-o-text lessons from avb??

13 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

you takin' wall-o-text lessons from avb??

LOL, I can't blame AVB at all! I've suffered from Wall-o-text Syndrome for years. And what's up with people these days anyway? Has texting, twitter, etc. made our attention spans so bad we're incapable of reading a few paragraphs? Sheesh! 

I suppose if I typed it in caps, you'd say I was "shouting" too, right? :mad:

LOL, I can't blame AVB at all! I've suffered from Wall-o-text Syndrome for years. And what's up with people these days anyway? Has texting, twitter, etc. made our attention spans so bad we're incapable of reading a few paragraphs? Sheesh! 

Idk, like I rilly appreciate the effort and such.. but

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

Says the person who quotes the entire wall o  text

lolol. good point. i'm a dumbass sometimes, lolol

ha! i've never interpreted caps as shouting.

quick funny though.....good friend of mine owns a corset shop on south street. she's in her 40's. she accidentally sent out a mass email to all her employees in caps lock.......then the phone calls started. they all thought she was shouting at them, when all she did was forget to kill caps lock.....and didn't think anything of it.

• Like 2

This meeting and overall unity is rather encouraging. However, not to be too pessimistic, I’d assume NY and CA also had various state and national groups working to try and prevent oppressive anti gun bills from passing, yet weren’t successful. NJ is an even stronger Dem state so I can’t imagine much will be prevented. Someone please tell me why I’m wrong, I’m feeling terribly hopeless and upset about the future here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
California successfully prevented every piece of Anti 2A legislation from being implemented in 2017.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 11/15/2017 at 8:33 PM, Smokin .50 said:

That's not my call.  It's all up to Alexander.  Everybody else is working TOGETHER!  No room for egos.  Cheeseman said it best, so I quoted him^^^.  Slandering the ANJR&PC as well as Anthony Colandro, and doing it the day prior to NJSAFECON literally burned his last bridge.  None of the former Leadership Team is currently active, some aren't even dues paid members.  The "Group" is ONE guy doing selfies & boycotting everything else that has anything to do with 2A.  NJSAFECON, Annual Meeting of ANJR&PC, CNJFO meetings held in South Amboy & RTSP in Randolph, the CNJFO Picnic in Carteret, NJ, even Tony Simon's Diversity Shoots all suffer the boycott.  The list is endless with opportunities to work together for UNITY.

Now that Murphy won the Governorship, no one has time to engage a juvenile provocateur.  Bob Rumson's 15 minutes are UP! (from the movie The American President w/ Mike Douglass).  

except President Shepard wanted to come for our guns, and said so.  sad part is, I thought that speech was pretty damn well written, except for the part where he buses over 2A.  oh well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, capt14k said:

California successfully prevented every piece of Anti 2A legislation from being implemented in 2017.

And queue the NJ current team ......and go.......  wait ....go.......   nope try again.....AND........

crickets. 

Let me add one thing - I respect that telegraphing of plans is not wise at all - however at the darkest of times some positive 'propoganda' can go a very looooooooooonnnnggggg way - 

Just sayin -

@Smokin .50 at least had the sense to put out some sort of brief....that Rosie - a smart fella.

We all have to also understand one thing - everythin we type here is open to view - for the most part  - reminds me of a poster 

M1Talking400_50.1.jpg

One last thing - my money is with the the CNJFO - in lieu of bonds donate to them - it is sill America we may be partially down in NJ but we r far from out !  

p16630coll21272-409.jpeg

• Like 2

@USRifle30Cal If they reintroduce and pass the NJ SAFE Act bill, that M1 will be banned as well. Time for Fudds, Mall Ninjas, scattergunners, and everyone in between to unite. 

I just joined CNJFO, and I'm a life member of the NRA. I want to see the NRA-ILA and ANJRPC put in money for litigation by competent attorneys. I'll throw more in, but I need to see a plan first.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

@USRifle30Cal If they reintroduce and pass the NJ SAFE Act bill, that M1 will be banned as well. Time for Fudds, Mall Ninjas, scattergunners, and everyone in between to unite. 

I just joined CNJFO, and I'm a life member of the NRA. I want to see the NRA-ILA and ANJRPC put in money for litigation by competent attorneys. I'll throw more in, but I need to see a plan first.

@ChrisJM981 Of course! 

They want EVERY SEMI AUTO WEAPON BANNED.

then they will go after the bolts, pumps etc.

This is not about safety this is about the wholesale disarmament of a state and nation.

I have been having an interesting conversation with someone on  something I knew - the right of the people to keep and bear arms is NOT codified in the NJ state constitution - what does that tell you?

HAVE a plan .......nuff said.

• Like 1

[mention=1277]ChrisJM981[/mention] Of course! 

They want EVERY SEMI AUTO WEAPON BANNED.

then they will go after the bolts, pumps etc.

This is not about safety this is about the wholesale disarmament of a state and nation.

I have been having an interesting conversation with someone on  something I knew - the right of the people to keep and bear arms is NOT codified in the NJ state constitution - what does that tell you?
HAVE a plan .......nuff said.
He's right. See Norway and Australia.

• Like 1

Then the question arises - what r you prepared to do?

This coming winter/spring will either solidify the 2A Organizations in this state and elevate them, or be their death knell.

Time will tell and I am.prepared to put my money where my mouth is.

Ultimately and for many reasons beyond the 2A, this state has a coming bleak time....i pray to God - yes I mentioned Him - that I have the wherewithal, means and strength - to execute the plan.

• Like 2

Then the question arises - what r you prepared to do?
This coming winter/spring will either solidify the 2A Organizations in this state and elevate them, or be their death knell.
Time will tell and I am.prepared to put my money where my mouth is.
Ultimately and for many reasons beyond the 2A, this state has a coming bleak time....i pray to God - yes I mentioned Him - that I have the wherewithal, means and strength - to execute the plan.

Not comply, because compliance equals acceptance.

Will gladly put money towards lawsuits handled by lawyers who have won.

Will not give money if the same old players are involved with the same old stupid plans of showing up in Trenton and at people's houses. It doesn't work. Trying the same thing over and over but expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

Not comply, because compliance equals acceptance.

Will gladly put money towards lawsuits handled by lawyers who have won.

Will not give money if the same old players are involved with the same old stupid plans of showing up in Trenton and at people's houses. It doesn't work. Trying the same thing over and over but expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

100% plus a factor of 100

That is singularly the post that sums up the past few weeks of the totality of posts - since the election on this forum.

It should be a sticky......  

• Like 1

On 11/17/2017 at 4:29 PM, Scorpio64 said:

CNJFO, ANJRPC, Former NJ2AS leaders, NRA-ILA, and other stakeholders are who need to put together a joint statement, a mission statement if you will. 

What we need is an all star team, hand picked.  If this coalition can put this team together, I will carry water for them.

Just reading this today.  Busy moving my son & dil to their new home.  Out of internet for days at a time. 

Your idea of a joint statement is a good one.  I will kick it up to ANJRPC, NRA-ILA & NRA and reach-out to my friends from the former NJ2AS Leadership Team.  I can't make any promises.  I'm just one cog in a very big gear.  As tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I'll start the Statement Request on Friday.  Have a great Thanksgiving!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Just reading this today.  Busy moving my son & dil to their new home.  Out of internet for days at a time. 

Your idea of a joint statement is a good one.  I will kick it up to ANJRPC, NRA-ILA & NRA and reach-out to my friends from the former NJ2AS Leadership Team.  I can't make any promises.  I'm just one cog in a very big gear.  As tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I'll start the Statement Request on Friday.  Have a great Thanksgiving!

@Smokin .50 ROSIE ! YOU are the glue, the spackle, the mortar that binds us....

You r more than a cog in a gear. ......never forget that..

• Like 1

I wrote to Scott Bach & cc'd Anthony Colandro in regards to a Joint Statement.  Anyone that tuned-in to Anthony's podcast knows that Ant is planning a YUGE podcast with all of the groups that were at NJSAFECON, so progress is at our doorstep :) .  UNITY is the key & we all must work TOGETHER to make it happen!

Rosey

• Like 5

On 11/17/2017 at 7:34 PM, capt14k said:

Hopefully we can study their tactics and adapt them to our problem.  Or maybe just hire their lawyers.  

On 11/26/2017 at 5:26 PM, Smokin .50 said:

I wrote to Scott Bach & cc'd Anthony Colandro in regards to a Joint Statement.  Anyone that tuned-in to Anthony's podcast knows that Ant is planning a YUGE podcast with all of the groups that were at NJSAFECON, so progress is at our doorstep :) .  UNITY is the key & we all must work TOGETHER to make it happen!

Rosey

And I heard you sponsored or ran a diversity shoot at GFH a week or so ago.  I was there and someone mentioned who you were.   I wanted to introduce myself, say hello and shake your hand given all the hard work you do.  However you looked way to busy to disturb.  Maybe next time. 

On 12/8/2017 at 10:11 AM, Rob0115 said:

Hopefully we can study their tactics and adapt them to our problem.  Or maybe just hire their lawyers.  

And I heard you sponsored or ran a diversity shoot at GFH a week or so ago.  I was there and someone mentioned who you were.   I wanted to introduce myself, say hello and shake your hand given all the hard work you do.  However you looked way to busy to disturb.  Maybe next time. 

I'm never too busy to say hello, so don't worry about disturbing me.  YOU'RE the reason I'm there in the first place!  That & to educate, preach & teach the Second Amendment and gun safety/handling.

Hope to meet you soon.  Merry Christmas!

Rosey

• Like 1