Zeke

What do you typically get your significant other for his/ her birthday?

A day at a spa is always a winner.  For some strange reason women like to pretend they are japanese food and get wrapped in seaweed.  A monogrammed range bag, if you want to go with the shooting theme.  Women love handbags, what says I love you more than something she can stuff with guns and ammo with room to spare for a compact?  Concert tickets are pretty good too.

Double P gave the most rational answer.  Show her you have been paying attention and even a $20.00 gift can be more valuable than a pair of diamond earrings.   If she has any hobbies or interests, like if she said I always wanted to try making pottery, buy a gift certificate for pottery lessons.  But you better make sure you treat every creation as a masterpiece or that gift can go south.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

May I remind you...your wife is ON these forums! Or are you just trying to make yourself look good?

In which case... Fail! You will lose the element of surprise... not to mention, she'll feel disappointed about any suggestions she sees that she likes and that you then DON'T get for her. This is what you call a lose-lose scenario! Gawd, you've been married how many years?... and you're still such a lump of unformed clay? Poor Mrs. Z... my sympathy for her grows each and every day....

I will noodle on this... and PM you my thoughts/suggestions... only because you clearly need guidance so very badly. :facepalm:

We can ban her until her birthday passes.

Regards,

TokenEntry

• Like 1

Take notes throughout the year of things she's likes but doesn't want to buy herself normally. This year I purchased one of those Fuji instant cameras, some bath bombs and something other that was little that I am forgetting.

It's not the dollar amount it's the thought

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm going to quote this again so you guys can see how to actually get laid

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

This strange cicrumstance you outline above is yet to occur in my household.  

This is really considerate of you.  I'm thinking I should get my wife a new lighter vacuum so it's easier to carry up and down the stairs.  

Get her one of those backpack vacuum cleaners instead. They are really easy to carry around and she can amuse herself while vacuum by pretending she's climbing the Himalayas.

• Like 1

Just now, WP22 said:

Get her one of those backpack vacuum cleaners instead. They are really easy to carry around and she can amuse herself while vacuum by pretending she's climbing the Himalayas.

Ghost busters. Don't cross the streams

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WP22 said:

A few years ago I got my wife a pair of yaktraks so she doesn't slip and fall when she shovels the driveway. 

She's due to get a new snow shovel this year and a snobrum so she can clean the cars too.

I think mine is broken...... Want to train her?

We don't need any more "stuff" to move.  Gonna blow this clam stand when the SO's job most likely leaves the NJ trap also. 

2 birthdays, Christmas-anniversary- Valentines get rolled together into a caribean vacation for the last 10 yrs.

Bonus?   NO $#@++!&* shopping.

shark bait.JPG

• Like 1