Sign in to follow this  
Grapeshot

Beretta PX4 Storm

I've got another permit I need to use and have been looking at the Beretta PX4 Storm. I have an M9 that I love, but looking for something a little smaller and lighter. I am considering this for home defense, and my wife needs to be able to use it too. The M9 grips are too big for her, but I think with the adjustable grips on the PX4 we'll be fine. I have also read that the rotating barrel system reduces recoil - any truth to that? Anybody have one? Want to tell me what you think of it? Other suggestions?  

• Like 1

My only complaints with mine where the grips had no traction, the double action trigger was heavy and lack of after market sights.  I sold it (Px4 9mm full size) and found the CZ P-07 Compact.  

My wife has a PX4 Storm Compact. After everything she tried, that is what she picked. I shot it and its a fine shooter. She does well with it too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Grapeshot said:

I've got another permit I need to use and have been looking at the Beretta PX4 Storm. I have an M9 that I love, but looking for something a little smaller and lighter. I am considering this for home defense, and my wife needs to be able to use it too. The M9 grips are too big for her, but I think with the adjustable grips on the PX4 we'll be fine. I have also read that the rotating barrel system reduces recoil - any truth to that? Anybody have one? Want to tell me what you think of it? Other suggestions?  

My wife loves her full size in 9. 

Im not sure what blackstrap is installed. ( she’s a smaller woman)

As far as recoil mitigation... meh, it’s a 9. She thinks the glocks are softer shooting.

has eaten everything it’s been fed. Maybe 1 k + down the pipe thus far.

Factory 15’s available 

On 11/16/2017 at 9:13 PM, Ray Ray said:

My only complaints with mine where the grips had no traction, the double action trigger was heavy and lack of after market sights.  I sold it (Px4 9mm full size) and found the CZ P-07 Compact.  

Bruh - we put on Trijicons.  Mine are still awesome.

I love my compact, perfect size for a 9mm. It is my bedside pistol with a stream light tlr3. The sights dont really need to be upgraded, but like pointed out above trijicon makes some. The trigger could use a little work, and beretta actually sells a nice kit for it... but then again its not really a competition style weapon.

The rotating barrel definitely takes some snap out of the 9mm round, but with the laws of physics it only reduces the felt recoil.  

Also, mentioned above, its a factory 15rd mag, unlike the full size which is 17rds.

7 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

I love my compact, perfect size for a 9mm. It is my bedside pistol with a stream light tlr3. The sights dont really need to be upgraded, but like pointed out above trijicon makes some. The trigger could use a little work, and beretta actually sells a nice kit for it... but then again its not really a competition style weapon.

The rotating barrel definitely takes some snap out of the 9mm round, but with the laws of physics it only reduces the felt recoil.  

Also, mentioned above, its a factory 15rd mag, unlike the full size which is 17rds.

Factory 15 for full size is what we have.

14 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Bruh - we put on Trijicons.  Mine are still awesome.

True, but I couldn't get past the traction-less frame.  Although the new Px4 Compact carry looks interesting.

3 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

True, but I couldn't get past the traction-less frame.  Although the new Px4 Compact carry looks interesting.

To each their own, I think it has checkering in the right spots, and never had any issues or bad feels. I know people get the stippling done on them like the glocks. 

I picked up the factory aluminum grips for my full size 92 when they were 50% off, you would love those, they leave checkered imprints in my hands.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I picked up the factory aluminum grips for my full size 92 when they were 50% off, you would love those, they leave checkered imprints in my hands.

I would, 100%.

5 hours ago, PD2K said:

An alternate female friendly handgun is kinda obvious: Glock 19 G4 or G5.

Also heard good things about Sig P320 Compact.

For the record I have not fired the G5 or the Sig.

This is true @Mrs.Zeke wants a 19:bad:

in addition to her Px4 full

It truly amazes me how the PX4 has become a "cool" pistol after so many years of being looked over.  I am among those people that never thought much of the pistol.  Started following some threads on it from Ernst Langdon and got the bug.

I did a trade with an Inox Vertec 92 for a full size PX4 G worked over by Ernst Langdon with Talon grip tape, small profile levers, and Ameriglo night sights.  I couldn't warm to the Vertec grip frame and the trigger was no where near as good as my wife's 1994 92FS, with D spring and Elite II hammer in both pistols.  That PX4 pistol rocks.  Low recoil, accurate, a DA trigger that's smooth and decent in the weight department (assumes Cougar spring and some polishing), 15rd mags available.  Something to consider, the slide is very easy to work on the PX4 guns.  I've met some women who had some level of issue with racking a G19.

I've also shot the PX4 Compact.  I must be the oddball since I didn't really warm up to it.  It is a nice pistol, but i prefer the full-size.