BM59

Bula JRA M14 - NJ legal?

Classic has back in stock the JRA built rifles on Bula parts... A great deal if you are into M14’s and want USGI quality instead of SAI cast receivers and parts. I wonder if they could be NJ legal - depending on what  the receiver markings are (is “M14s” acceptable?) and if the lugged F/H can be replaced with a neutered one (or lug ears filed).

https://www.classicfirearms.com/m14-rifle-new-semi-auto-walnut-stock-bula-parts-jra?utm_source=instock&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=product_alert_email

12 minutes ago, BM59 said:

Classic has back in stock the JRA built rifles on Bula parts... A great deal if you are into M14’s and want USGI quality instead of SAI cast receivers and parts. I wonder if they could be NJ legal - depending on what  the receiver markings are (is “M14s” acceptable?) and if the lugged F/H can be replaced with a neutered one (or lug ears filed).

https://www.classicfirearms.com/m14-rifle-new-semi-auto-walnut-stock-bula-parts-jra?utm_source=instock&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=product_alert_email

No - not anything marked m14

M1a is specifically mentioned as legal in the njsp directive along with the colt match target - which imo will still be in 2018.

When I had my M1a I had zero issues with the cast receiver and Sai parts 

I have a SAI scout M1A too and had not issues... but the quality of Bula forged parts is definitely better. The price point  (so close to a SAI) makes  this a great deal. i will have to call Classic on Monday to ask about the receiver markings - Bula usually do not mark them M14. That said, an AR180 is on the banned list but an AR180B is legal.... same would apply to anything different than M14 (including “M14F”).

typical nj bs......it can literally be the same exact rifle, 'cept that one says "m14" while the other says "m1a" and the m14 is illegal?

somehow we need to get these illegal(and virtually every single one in nj) firearms laws taken off the books.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

typical nj bs......it can literally be the same exact rifle, 'cept that one says "m14" while the other says "m1a" and the m14 is illegal?

somehow we need to get these illegal(and virtually every single one in nj) firearms laws taken off the books.

This is where it is going but THEY want and will stop playing the name game in 2018.

• Like 1