thomashoard1909

Default Getting first rifle need help.

Ive been shooting with my dad for years but want to get my first rifle on my own for my 21st in a month, I haven't shot in about two years. I wana be able to do some target plate shooting and maybe some deer hunting with this rifle at around 300-600 yards. First gun that came to mind was an ar15 .223. I live in california and arizona so I want the gun to be legal in both states. I know california recently passed some laws about pistol grips and AR's. I wana build a full custom with optics, adjustable stock, quad attachment rail and bipod. What're some things I should look at? Good places to get my gun, what state should I get it in, and the legality of the gun.

Google’d “thomashoard1909”.  If the resulting links are all yours, seems like you really get around. So are you 21or 27? It appears you are also interested in African Game Hunting. I am no big game hunting expert, but I don’t think your aforementioned AR will cut it there. 

:mad:

1 hour ago, thomashoard1909 said:
Ive been shooting with my dad for years but want to get my first rifle on my own for my 21st in a month, I haven't shot in about two years. I wana be able to do some target plate shooting and maybe some deer hunting with this rifle at around 300-600 yards. First gun that came to mind was an ar15 .223. I live in california and arizona so I want the gun to be legal in both states. I know california recently passed some laws about pistol grips and AR's. I wana build a full custom with optics, adjustable stock, quad attachment rail and bipod. What're some things I should look at? Good places to get my gun, what state should I get it in, and the legality of the gun.

TROLL ALERT. 

3 minutes ago, 67gtonut said:

Very odd 1st post.....

Our friend appears to have created accounts across multitude of websites anywhere from PA gun forums, to knife carry forums, drones .. etc. ... most of them created around Nov 6th. / 7th.  IT also posted couple of gun sales on a website without ever following up.  On some forums, ITs location showed up as Chicago. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 67gtonut said:

Well..... he wont be posting anymore here without a mod approving his post....

Just ban him.  I did an extensive google search and the username came up on many different forums with varying ages, locations and interests.  He also has rifles posted as for sale on at least one other forum.  Also claims to own an M21 that he hunts with.  This guy is worse than a troll, he's a spy on an information gathering quest.  Every account on the forums I checked has a zero or 1 post count.

• Like 1

Usually it’s me that’s the paranoid f*ck with these odd first posts.  I’m going with utter troll based on first post. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thomashoard1909 said:

Hi