louu

Ammo cans back on sale

I know all of you use slickguns AKA gun.deals and if you're not you should. So you probably already know that the ammo cans are back on sale like they are every year around this time. I'm going to stock up on a few because one of my 5 gallon buckets decided to bust open and leave about 4 thousand rounds all over the floor.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/game-winner-hunting-utility-box?utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Apps+47%2C+Inc&utm_content=12478019&utm_source=CJ&utm_term=#repChildCatSku=114512400

• Like 2

1 hour ago, louu said:

The academy ones are not surplus and don't stack as well as the real ones, BUT they are brand new, seal perfectly, don't smell like shit and have perfect paint. 

Yup I have one here.  Doesn't stack well but it does the job.  I got a better deal from Costco when they were on sale for the 2 pack .50/.30 cal for like $15.

I got mine today. I ordered six and they packed it into a box that could easily hold 12 with no packing material. The damn things must have been bouncing all around inside that box. Two of them have scratches on them, only one of the black ones has a really noticeable one. I just can't believe they didn't use any packing bubbles or paper or anything. Only 4 were packed in bags.  Last year they were packaged much better. 

I'm getting extremely frustrated. I've tried their online chat 3 times so far, all 15-20 minute waits. Once I get down to 1 or 2 remaining in the queue I get error saying no rep available and I get booted out. I'm in the process of trying one more time. If not I'll call monday and cause a raucous, not only for my cans being packaged improperly but for the poor customer service on their end with the chat keep booting me out after waiting last hour to talk to someone to ask the procedure to have the damaged ones replaced. 

On 11/19/2017 at 8:08 PM, sota said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Pack-50-Cal-Ammo-Can-Box-Army-Military-M2A1-Metal-Storage-5-56-/282364528698

saw someone bought a pallet of 'em.  wonder where I could get one of those! :D

Try Coleman’s surplus in PA. They had pallets of them before. Get the 40mm cans, they are way better for storage!. I can fit a TON in one of those.

8 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Was at Harbor Freight on Friday - the 50 cal cans were $15.  Seemed pretty solid - didn't pick any up.

You need the coupon code for$9.99, it's on their site, good till 11/30. Limit 4 per day, I picked up 12 over the last week.

I just received 5 50 cal and 5 30 cal from midway,    they were the grade 3 which is the lowest quality.  just wanted to see what they looked like,   they appeared to have been used once and are in perfect shape.   4.99 for 30 cal and 6.99 for 50 cal.

On 11/26/2017 at 11:35 AM, revenger said:

I just received 5 50 cal and 5 30 cal from midway,    they were the grade 3 which is the lowest quality.  just wanted to see what they looked like,   they appeared to have been used once and are in perfect shape.   4.99 for 30 cal and 6.99 for 50 cal.

Shipping ?