Bully

My New Pea Shooter

Morning happiness!!

The dies showed up last evening. I had time this morning and set up a dummy round to use to set freebore when I chamber the barrel. It’s seated out there a bit. It’s the 80.5 FullBore Berger. I shot these in a 9 twist and they didn’t do well. The new barrel is much faster so they should fly. I have 75 Amax to test also. I’ll grab a box of 80 ELD-M for giggles also. 

2B8918E0-07BC-41ED-ACE2-F8A74A6F5B18.jpeg

Airfare booked, bought, and paid for.  

I'm heading to MI the weekend of the 24th of February.  I'm hoping to be shooting the rifle when I get home that Monday.  I'll be posting in process build pics when I get home as well.  

15 minutes ago, Bully said:

Airfare booked, bought, and paid for.  

I'm heading to MI the weekend of the 24th of February.  I'm hoping to be shooting the rifle when I get home that Monday.  I'll be posting in process build pics when I get home as well.  

You gonna freeze you ass off.!:p

A few more things have shown up in the past week.  

I was fortunate enough to score a Gre-Tan truing jig in good shape for relatively short money.  I also picked up a really nice Mitutoyo depth mic.  Box is a bit rough, but the mic is in good shape and has anvils for 0"-4".  I also grabbed 200 rounds of loaded Lapua 55gr ammo that was less expensive than buying unloaded brass.  So, in short, I think I'm all set for the trip.  It's coming quickly but to say I'm excited would be quite the understatement.  

The "last" thing that I really need is a threading insert for my toolpost but I'm going to hold off a bit and recover from the holidays.  If anyone on here has experience with the AR Warner stuff your input would be appreciated.  

Thanks for following along.  

• Like 2

Christopher - I'm excited for you as well.  Now your next trip out of town better be coming down here and reaching out and touching.

Good choice in a trigger BTW Timney has been around a long time. No hype just good stuff.

I hope you can get those "VLD" type bullets to shoot.  I have no patience.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Old School said:

I hope you can get those "VLD" type bullets to shoot.  I have no patience.

Me too.  I have other options if necessary.  And, I have patience as well.  One benefit of living with two teenagers.

When I saw that it was posted by Bully, I expected to see an antique 65cc (yes cc, not ci) Harley. Had a friend in HS whose father was a Harley dealer in the 30's and 40's. He had a barn full of interesting bikes - Peashooters among them. Also Servicars and 80-inchers  - one set-up for a sidecar rig in which the dog rode. Also K-bikes, predecessors of the Sportster. Hope I got all that right - working off of memory which is fading fast.

Good luck with your project.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

5 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

When I saw that it was posted by Bully, I expected to see an antique 65cc (yes cc, not ci) Harley. Had a friend in HS whose father was a Harley dealer in the 30's and 40's. He had a barn full of interesting bikes - Peashooters among them. Also Servicars and 80-inchers  - one set-up for a sidecar rig in which the dog rode. Also K-bikes, predecessors of the Sportster. Hope I got all that right - working off of memory which is fading fast.

Good luck with your project.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thank you sir.  Much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Rob0115 said:

Good you'll miss what looks like rainy weather and be having some fun to boot.  

Thankfully it’s all inside. 

Im looking to be thoroughly exhausted by Sunday night from absorbing tons of info. 

Another shot.  Chamber rough in.  I was so busy paying attention I really didn’t take any pics.  I’ll take some when I get home of it all before I screw it together.

Ill be hitting it with BBQ black for the “season” and breaking it down this fall for a real paint job. 

9CBC2925-E611-4BE0-BE90-4DE260A1F114.jpeg