USA123

Torn between two

Whats up everyone. I recently went to my local gun shop to choose a HD gun and i really cant decide between the Walther Q5 match for $775 or the CZ p10c for $499. They both feel great in the hand and really seem to have a great trigger. Which one would you choose for home defense??

That's kind of an apples to oranges comparison. A fairer one would be the CZ to the standard PPQ. While CZ builds a fine product, the P10C is relatively new. The PPQ (the basis of the Q5) has been around for a while and is well regarded in competitive circles. My shooting buddy uses a PPQ for IDPA and USPSA and his has close to 10K rounds through it with no gun related malfunctions.

But what do I know? I'm a wheelgunner and am perfectly fine with USRifle30Cal's recommendation - but I'd add a revolver in .45 ACP to his acceptable list.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

20 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

buy something cheap priced but reliable for hd, 'cause you WILL lose it, and you WILL take the ride if you use it.

Lmao good point.

1 minute ago, myhatinthering said:

P-01

The gun shop had an SP0-1 Tactical i was interested in as well it looked friggin sweet. But when i dry fired it i really did not like the Single Action trigger.. Im not familiar with the gun either what do you think about it??

32 minutes ago, USA123 said:

Lmao good point.

The gun shop had an SP0-1 Tactical i was interested in as well it looked friggin sweet. But when i dry fired it i really did not like the Single Action trigger.. Im not familiar with the gun either what do you think about it??

P-01c is what I meant. It's my next handgun for sure. 

5 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

That's kind of an apples to oranges comparison. A fairer one would be the CZ to the standard PPQ. While CZ builds a fine product, the P10C is relatively new. The PPQ (the basis of the Q5) has been around for a while and is well regarded in competitive circles. My shooting buddy uses a PPQ for IDPA and USPSA and - but I'd add a revolver in .45 ACP to his acceptable list.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I have found a 4" Regulator, made by Uberti, single action in 45acp - do I want to go through the dang permit process again?  Hmmm

7 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

buy something cheap priced but reliable for hd, 'cause you WILL lose it, and you WILL take the ride if you use it.

You'll lose more the than that HD gun if you use it for sure!

The Walther Q5 is one fine pistol out of the box.

3 hours ago, T Bill said:

You'll lose more the than that HD gun if you use it for sure!

The Walther Q5 is one fine pistol out of the box.

yea. you'll lose your lifes savings defending yourself.

if i were gonnna have an hd pistol, it'd be something cheap and reliable. like a rock island armory 1911. cheap price. 1911 reliability.

14 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Glock 19 Gen 5

I agree with this. Although, I would stick with the Gen 4. 

The Q5 match gun, is well, a match gun with a light trigger. My buddy has one and I measured the trigger at 4lbs. It breaks real easy. I wouldn't use it a HD gun. You would be better served with a standard PPQ as an HD gun.

• Like 2