antimatter

I like it and i want one!

1 minute ago, High Exposure said:

I believe that will be a No-go in NJ. It is not a firearm like the shockwave and the Tac-14. These are semi auto pistols.

Not in NJ, I am sure!

Not trying to sound like a dick, this is a legitamate question. Why do you guys like guns that are not accurate? Stuff like this if pretty much only good for shooting people within 10 feet and nothing else, except maybe wasting ammo. That's how I see it anyway, I'm could be wrong and if I am please enlighten me. 

• Like 5

This is an Ares SCR:

https://fightlite.com/collections/scr-rifles

3tjdhto.jpg

in pistol form.

The SCR has been out for a while in both complete rifle and lower only form. They will accept any AR upper, just swap the BCG.

If N.J. goes featureless for semi auto, the SCR is a viable option. Trigger is meh, but it handles well.

FWmKwmk.jpg

K07p305.jpg

That pistol though - no thank you.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2017 at 0:09 PM, High Exposure said:

This is an Ares SCR:

https://fightlite.com/collections/scr-rifles

3tjdhto.jpg

in pistol form.

The SCR has been out for a while in both complete rifle and lower only form. They will accept any AR upper, just swap the BCG.

If N.J. goes featureless for semi auto, the SCR is a viable option. Trigger is meh, but it handles well.

FWmKwmk.jpg

K07p305.jpg

That pistol though - no thank you.

Why not just make it a piston gun?  This looks stupid.

On 12/1/2017 at 11:09 PM, UMP45 ENTRY said:

It’s legal with a MEAN perm mag lock. Top load or load from the ejection port with their side loader.

”Evil” feature list does not apply with the lack of a detachable magazine.

as soon as you can get a determination installing a MEAN makes a formerly removable magazine be considered "fixed" or "non-removable" such that it removes it from the evil feature list in NJ, you let me know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

There are times in a man's life when he has to draw a line in the sand, I will NEVER do these horrible things to a perfectly good AR!

So you'll ditch the standard cap mags.

And you'll pin the telescoping stock.

Ditch the flash hider for a useless muzzle brake.

But the pistol grip is where the line is?

Sorry, there's a line in the sand, yes. It was crossed long, long ago.

I don't understand the "I won't comply!" crowd.

You already comply...

On 11/21/2017 at 1:25 PM, PK90 said:

Until 2018

Nah, they're gonna "not comply" and pass on these while they're worth nothing now.

Then they're gonna line up and pay double in 2018, plus wait an extra month for NICS. 

It's all speculation at this point. Hopefully Sweeney's pockets can be stuffed with enough Benjamins to prevent any new bills from making it to the floor. 

With that said, if it does become law you're probably going to be out compliance with both of those firearms based on the last version of the "NJ SAFE Act". 

11 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Why not just make it a piston gun?  This looks stupid.

? A piston AR still needs a receiver extension with an action spring and a buffer. 

Think of this as a Mini 14 chassis that takes standard AR uppers. If you have thousands of dollars invested in ARs and the law changes to allow only one "evil feature" - this will allow you to still use your uppers. 

9 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

? A piston AR still needs a receiver extension with an action spring and a buffer.

I'm talking about piston ARs that have folding stocks, I.E. Sig 556 and the like.

10 hours ago, mossburger said:

Nah, they're gonna "not comply" and pass on these while they're worth nothing now.

Then they're gonna line up and pay double in 2018, plus wait an extra month for NICS. 

The latest version of the NJ AWB I read put muzzle brakes into the evil feature list as well, so everyone will still have to get a new barrel/upper anyway with this.