USA123

Dogs

37 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Pits have always been good family dogs. Its what Staffordshire terriers were breed for.  

6230986.jpg

seems like recently the breed has been going downhill.  i dont see Pits doing IPO/schutzhund competitions. 

On 11/21/2017 at 11:54 AM, USA123 said:

Anybody out there into guardian breeds or protection work?? I use these Corso's as my first line of home defense :D

23004669_10210313089766612_5741518742623840254_o.jpg

who trains ur dogs for protection?  I am picking up my imported working line GSD in 2 weeks.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CageFighter said:

seems like recently the breed has been going downhill.  i dont see Pits doing IPO/schutzhund competitions. 

No doubt there are other breeds better for that sort of stuff. Point I was making is that the pit bull family of dogs can make great family dogs especially around small children. They get a bad wrap from the media. 

I'm not saying any specific breed is bad around chirldren just that's what pit bulls specifically Staffordshire terriers were created to do. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1563621 said:

My Amer. Bulldog passed 2 weeks ago, Went with a rescue pit!

very sorry

2 hours ago, wangsly said:

Ive got a Dober and a Corso, but I think we baby them too much to ever be a protection dog.

thor.jpg

max.jpg

I pity the fool that wants to test that.  My guess in a bad circumstance those dogs won't be as mush as you think.  Bullmastiffs are famous mushes and in a crisis they become unrecognizable.  

• Like 2

On 2/26/2018 at 9:56 AM, CageFighter said:

They are a dangerous breed, plain and simple.  

• Like 1

This is Rocky, Some asshole dropped him at the pound at 7 years old! Great dog, my buddy for 1  71/2 years.https://imgur.com/a/EQzrJ

dogs 002.JPG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

Just gotta watch where you get em and train em right. Back yard breeding hurt the breed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Ray Ray is jus baiting.. but we love him... cause he’s special 

5 minutes ago, 1563621 said:

This is Rocky, Some asshole dropped him at the pound at 7 years old! Great dog, my buddy for 1  71/2 years.https://imgur.com/a/EQzrJ

dogs 002.JPG

I’ll never understand this. My pets are my family. 

On 3/1/2018 at 10:14 AM, Shawnmoore81 said:

0d178c6c4aa8bb1feb8221bea00a864d.jpg

He is here

Wow beautiful.  How’s he/she adjusting to the new digs?

Good. Luckily I’m off for a couple weeks. I just finished up one ot job and am going to another one so I’m with the dog during the day. He’s already trained but we are new people so I gotta work with him. The cat is starting to warm up. He woke me up at like 330 am barking and growling. I’m guessing at the wind noises. I brought him out and he pissed a lot so it may have been that. He hasn’t eaten much though

I still don't think one needs a fighting dog for protection. Labs can do just fine. This guy especially doesn't like Jehovah Witnesses coming around. Just his bark has scared them off. One time they stayed til the door was opened and he was barking and showing teeth. They left quickly and haven't been back since. Otherwise it's almost hard to make him mad. Though I probably wouldn't want to find out what happens if he does get angry. I would say any dog over 50lbs can do some damage real fast, over 100lbs most people wouldn't stand a chance. First picture he is in attack position lol.

b04c3a662be616cd3f301838f11dbd7d.jpg210b4345455f73b0b8b751ef12d68f74.jpged76e2141bda6f6d28c81ee16ad127d4.jpg041dc16709917e89fa5e7bd6605ea92c.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would however recommend a dog larger than a Shih Tzu. Like Lhaso Apsos they make for a good alert system, but not much else. Shih Tzus also aren't exactly bright or fearless. This one can't tell the difference between a knock at the front door or bathroom door. However she can snatch wasps out of the air. Has killed 4 of them.

Growing up I had a big Black Lab and 2 Lhaso Apsos. The female Lhaso Apso was a serial gopher killer. She would go in the hole after them then pile up her kills and sit and watch over them til praise was given. Her record was 4 in one day. She was 3 times the size of the Shih Tzu we have now. Shih Tzu was not my choice.

4c57391220ad01f1981374c41f6a0784.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk